Webasto SolAire sunroof on 2003 protege5?

McC14mp

:
2003 Mazda Protege5/5spd/Black
I bought a protege5 from the original owner (Female) a couple of months ago with under 90k miles. Everything is great about the car and i've recently started a few modifications, but this aftermarket sunroof is killing me. It will open fine, but it wont close completely. The front of the sunroof will stay about an inch from complete closure and the back end of the sunroof wont raise to even out the placement. I was wondering if anyone in the forum had an aftermarket sunroof issue? Or if anyone knows what could be the issue. Thanks! I apologize ahead of time if this isn't the correct placement of the thread, as this is my first post.

I had thought it might be the motor, but would it still open so smoothly with a malfunctioning motor?

I had thought it might be the motor, but would it still open so smoothly with a malfunctioning motor?

It is possible. as it reaches its point of closing all the way, there could be something wrong with it causing it to malfunction. best bet is take the sunroof out, check the rails and make sure they are not bent or misshapen in any way. Check the wheels and cavity of the sunroof as well. If all seems well then try a motor replacement and cross your fingers.....or you could maybe find a shop and ask them to diagnose it for you?

Ill check it out soon and hopeflly have it working for warm weather. Since it isn't leaking I'm not in a rush. Thank you for the help man.

Back