Full Service Manuals PDF

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of that, I've used CutePDF at work. Now to quit my job and abandon my children so I have time to convert all that data over to pdf.

I just purchased a 2013 involved in an accident. This will be a lifeline for me. I mean the forum :), but I'm sure the manuals will come in handy as well as I likely won't have warranty.

I believe this manual works for the 2014 models except there are engine differences between the 2.0 & 2.5L engines. I am interested to know if the 2.5L engines has a balence shaft system like the old 2.5. I think the 2.0 engine doesn't have one. Anyone know or have the manual for the 2014 T & GT vehicles?

I believe this manual works for the 2014 models except there are engine differences between the 2.0 & 2.5L engines. I am interested to know if the 2.5L engines has a balence shaft system like the old 2.5. I think the 2.0 engine doesn't have one. Anyone know or have the manual for the 2014 T & GT vehicles?
Well according to Edmund's "To keep things from shaking themselves to bits, Mazda adopted a balance shaft for the big new four-banger that has resulted in an engine that is quieter and smoother, according to Mazda's calculations, than the 2.0-liter Skyactiv engine used in the Mazda 3." It's not uncommon for larger displacement 4s (over 2 litres) to need this feature.

^ paris1 - Good find on the 2.5L having a balance shaft. Certainly makes sense for any large displacement inline 4.

It probably contributes to a few members here that own(or owned) both 2.0L and 2.5L versions, reporting the 2.5L to be smoother and quieter.

I knew the 2.3L engine had the balance shaft but, not sure if the 2.0 had it. The factory manual, which showed a drawing of the crankshaft was not clear enough to determine.

I remember years ago a lot of people with the 2.3l Ford Focus and Mazda 3's would remove their balance shafts to get back some power. I didn't have to worry about it since my 2.0l SVT Focus didn't have one, but I guess the 2.3l people didn't mind the extra vibration.

Nobody ever reported reliability issues when removing it.

I just clicked on several of the links and they are working. In post one.
Try using a different browser. I'm using Firefox.

Back