Replacement flip key for 2010 CX-7

:
2010 CX 7 Turbo
Hello all,

I just bought a 2010 CX-7 and the dealer only had one key. I've been looking online for a replacement, but am skeptical about the cheap(ish) prices of what I've found so far. Has anyone found a reputable place to buy them and then how do you get it cut/programmed, etc. once you've purchased it? Any advice?

Thank you!

I'm in the same boat.
If you got an answer here or another source or have since shopped it to get a fair cost, please update.

~brian

I only have one but was able to find a new one on Amazon and two local locksmiths said they can cut and program the key for me. Probably cost right over $100 to get it done but what is the value of knowing you have a spare?

re; Milehigh-

I had a key done for an infiniti. He had to sell me the key, cut it and program it ..... $65 whole deal but not the switchblade type. I got a remote-fob at Amazon for $23. Was very happy versus more pricey options.
If you want, I can get you a phone# to this guy who does that stuff for dealers/car lots here in C. Springs and has a few vans on the road- ie; mobile service. Could be, he has Denver area covered as well or can refer you to someone there. Happy to send an email or p.m. the info.

re; diehonda-

Look for the same thing in your area. A local Mazda dealer, go talk to a used car guy or gal and see if they have a 'black book' of contacts that do chip key, interior recon, leather repair etc... Lots of peeps in the business have these contacts and /or these services actually come to their dealrships one day a week to do work on cars for the lot and = heavy discounts many times. They are independant.

Back