RS exhaust?

Willis2k

:
'02 Mazda Protege5
I saw a video on YouTube and the guy says he has an RS exhaust on his P5. (huh) I've never heard of RS and was wondering if anybody had any info on that brand or if it's a model from another brand because I loved the sound of it but can't find info anywhere. I've searched here and everywhere I know to look (google) but still don't find anything really.

I'm positive. The video shows his car with a magnaflow canister at first and this tip is bigger than the magnaflow can tip. Racing beat exhaust has a pretty small tip on it if I remember right.

Hmm... I'm going to put my money on it being a Chinese exhaust because it doesn't look like the GReddy RS.

Actually, I just found it! It is in fact a Chinese exhaust that you can get from ilovebodykits.com. Thanks for helping me narrow it down guys. Now to decide if its worth the $180 to get one. Any opinions on that?

At that point you should just have custom piping made an use a magnaflow, stainless steel gets annoying with its constant ticking anyway

I didn't think about the stainless ticking noise and yeah, that's the exact same exhaust on EBay, so... back to the drawing board for an exhaust. It sucks because that one sounded good but the EBay build quality isn't what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?? I REALLY want to avoid the ricey sound so I'm not confused for a Honda at a distance but I don't want it to be too quiet like the Mazdaspeed or Racing Beat.

Yeah, the header fitment was so far off that it wasn't even worth fixing, hence why I'm forced to run just the manifold and precat until I can buy a decent header.

I didn't think about the stainless ticking noise and yeah, that's the exact same exhaust on EBay, so... back to the drawing board for an exhaust. It sucks because that one sounded good but the EBay build quality isn't what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?? I REALLY want to avoid the ricey sound so I'm not confused for a Honda at a distance but I don't want it to be too quiet like the Mazdaspeed or Racing Beat.

A full RB cat-back and a header...isn't really quiet, but pretty deep...its just right imo...

And are you guys referring to 'ticking' from heat soak? Like when parked? That will be more of a factor of the systems mass, rather than stainless vs. mild steel...the Racing Beat cat-back is very thick walled, which removes every ounce of buzzy sound...but does result in it ticking after heated and parked...but my factory exhaust did it too...

Just saying, you're probably going to get noticeable ticking no matter what as you'll be using the factory mid-pipe...which is mild steel, and also fairly thick...so it'll do it...

the biggest thing for buzzy sound is the wall diameter of the system, and if you're using a resonator or not...the RB has one, the stock exhaust has one...but many aftermarket systems don't...I do agree that the RB is a little quiet compared to others, but its plenty angry at higher rpm...but still no annoying civic sound...

Really? I have a 97 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L sport, used as a winter vehicle (kind of gets passed around the family for whoever needs it when snowed in), which has a full mild steel system...I replaced the factory exh. manifold a few years ago with a mild steel header also, as it was a lot cheaper than the original part...

that thing ticks like no other...and there isn't a single piece of stainless steel on the entire thing...

Weird, the exhaust on my 323 is thick steel, although I don't know what grade but it doesn't tick, but it is old and rusted

Back