Remote starter

zober

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring, AWD, Moonroof/Bose/Tech
Maybe someone knows, what remote starter from this site will be working with the CX-5?
On my previous car (CRV, lost during hurricane Sandy) was a RS-1, worked great.

Why does it have to be one of those crappy models from that specific site?
Why not? It's cheap and on my previous car worked for 5 years, better than Viper on my son's car

P.S. with all my respect, the question was not about how bad this models or a good

Last edited:
Why are they better? I need only simple remote starter with one button, that's it

Viper makes some like that and best buy can install them with a lifetime warranty on the install.

Remote start

The problem with all of these aftermarket starters is that for now at least, you have to carry two "fobs". The Mazda fob that tells the car that you are the legal owner of the car and unlocks the car and also the "new" fob that comes with the remote start and starts the car remotely. I for one, choose NOT to have to carry two remotes. Supposedly the remote start industry is working on software that will overcome this present issue. I have been waiting now 5 months for the one fob concept but it has not happened yet. I have gone to Best Buy and the Viper remote plus many other local alarm shops. No luck.This is an issue only with the CX 5

Last edited:
I have a Compustar remote start installed in my CX-5 (same brand we had on our Acura MDX and Honda CRV). Since the CX5 with the push button start is new, they don't have a bypass for it yet so I needed to supply a Mazda remote which is installed in the remote start system. The extra remote with programming and without the actual key cost $200.00. I do not need to have the factory remote to operate the car as long as I start it remotely. When the additional remote is hidden in the car, the battery is removed and it is only powered by the remote start. If I only have the remote start fob and nothing else, the push button start will not work on its own.

bosip
Thank you for your response. What I am reading from your response is that I would have to carry two "fobs". this per your last sentence. I want to find a remote start that even if I am willing to give up a factory fob for the installation, at least I will not have to carry two fobs with me. I take it that with Compustar, I will have to carry two fobs, theirs and the Mazda fob as long as I wish to start the car BOTH remotely and also with the push button. Most of the time the push button start on the dash is what I would be using. On very cold days here in upstate New York, I would be using the remote start. I would need both options. Was the cost for the Compustar also PLUS the $200.00 extra Mazda fob?

Back