fwd to awd sport2.0 conversion

DOMO

:
01 MP3, 03 MSP
hey everyone, ive been searching the forums and cant find much on possibly converting a us p5 into a j spec sport 2.0 drivetrain and all. i did read about the guy who tried building the drivetrain from scratch but what i was thinking was buying a sport 2.0 chopping it in half and bringing it to canada and basically put everything into my p5.. i know it may be easyer just to buy one normally but in order for me to be able to import it into ontario the car must more than 15 years old and i dont want to wait 5 years to get one lol

The reason there's no info on it is because no one has successfully done it. If you read then you would see this. It's more work than its worth and shouldn't even be bothered with. Even if it was done a few hard launches on stock motor can break the trans. Take that money you would spend and buy a wrx

cool never saw this thread i read a really old one but thanks again i guess ill figure something else to do with my p5. im still new to modding cars, guess i got a little ahead of myself lol

Nah, big ambition is good. If you have the resources, I'd say go ahead and try it just to say you were the only one who has. It just wouldn't be practical in my opinion

i could probably get the resources but ive never built an engine so i think i would like to work my way up. eh who knows mabe one day i could or some one else will do it we just have to wait and see

PM Focus as he has an AWD sport20 conversion already done and driving. Hes also not far from you, he brought the car in a few years ago in 3 pieces in the sea container.

Back