How to leave the car running with all door locked without being inside?

^^ This will eventually result in someone locking both keys in the vehicle.

The method of locking with the metal key will prevent the possibility of a massive Eff Up by ensuring that the key is at least outside of the car.

^^ This will eventually result in someone locking both keys in the vehicle.

The method of locking with the metal key will prevent the possibility of a massive Eff Up by ensuring that the key is at least outside of the car.

Good Call!

I don't have my car yet.
What's this metal key you speak of? I just started a thread asking about valet keys and such. Should I lose my proximity key fob, can I still drive the car home with this magic metal key?

You could also leave your other key in the glove box or hide it somewhere in the car. :)

Did you even think about your answer or the question?? LOL... He wants to start his car, then lock it so that someone does not steal it while it warms up. How can placing his keys in the glove box achieve this?

I don't have my car yet.
What's this metal key you speak of? I just started a thread asking about valet keys and such. Should I lose my proximity key fob, can I still drive the car home with this magic metal key?

Its not a magic key but a key that is inside the FOB. THis is just incase the battery on your car dies or the battery in your FOB does. You use the physically cut key from inside the FOB to unlock the door. And to start the car when your FOB is dead then you have to have your FOB very close to the start button and it will still work because it is right next to the reader and doe snot need a battery just like your security card does not need a battery to send to the reader but has to be very close.

auto up feature doesnt exist. Too dangerous, think about it.
(rofl) lol - or is a VERY common feature on new cars (my 06 speed6 has it)

there is a "anti-pinch" feature that will stop the window if it detects resistance before the top of the window.

I do agree with the original poster that this should just work. I have the FOB in my hand so why can I not lock my car when it is started? There are time when I will run into a store and my kids are in the car (13 and 10) but I still like to know the doors are locked if any idiot tries to open a door and I want it running to keep them warm. I also warm up my car in the morning and a remote starter is not an option because I have a manual and the one from Mazda is only for the automatic car. I know I can buy after market but would prefer a warranty installed one

Install a turbo timer. Set it to your desired time then go about your business. If anybody gets any wrong ideas once they drop the E-brake the car kills itself.

Back