Cx-9 fuel reserve tank?

HOLOHOLO

:
2012 Pearl White CX-9 Touring
The CX-9 tank is listed at 20.1 gallons US. With my measly 15 mpg that yields me around 300 miles range. I drove it pretty dry one time, but most fillups don't top 18 gallons.

But how large is the reserve on this SUV?

How far have you driven after the gauge reads empty?

Have you ever run out of gas in the CX-9?

15mpg? Must be the terrain in Hawaii... put about 2kmi on my 2011 Touring AWD at 20-22mpg in the last couple of weeks.

Lowest I ran it was down to about 30mi computed range, gauge warning light was on. Put 17gal in the tank.

I was within a mile of the trip computer one time, but did not fill it up at the nearest (sketchy) station. I suspect about 1.5 gallons is reserved, but it sure would be useful to know,..

C'mon procrastinators - I know you're out there! ;-)

I just drove 2400 miles in my CX-9. I waited until the gas light went on most times. Soon after the light went on it took about 17.5-18 gallons. I once filled it within about 3 miles of the light going on and it was 17.5 gallons I believe. This was flat surface steady driving.

I've driven mine until it says 0 more miles until empty...and the most I have ever put in fuel is 18.5 gallons, therefore, I have no idea where those 1.6 gallons are hidden, but I'm glad they are there!!!

I don't have a CX-9, but in my experience cars are pessimistic with their estimates. I've driven my Evo for 30-40 miles (@19mpg) at times when it said it had zero miles left in the tank.

Just went to get gas and the fuel light came on driving into the station. It took 17.329 gallons until the nozzle popped.

Another question - does the trip computer "miles remaining" tend to agree with the empty light? Consistently?

You have a trip computer?! I guess the 2009+ have the trip computer. I don't have one.

Well when my Cadillac got below 40 miles range it just said "low range"... Usually when I get below 100 mile range I start planning the fill-up.

well, on my acura, i got it down to 0 and then drove for a few miles before finding a station, i would say the cx9 is good for at least 20 miles after it "runs out"

Just today I drove about 22 miles after the readout said zero remaining.

I'd guess the most you could push it would be 40 under ideal conditions, but I wouldn't recommend it. Probably not good for the fuel pump, either (may get hot without enough fuel to keep it submerged).

I've driven mine until it says 0 more miles until empty...and the most I have ever put in fuel is 18.5 gallons, therefore, I have no idea where those 1.6 gallons are hidden, but I'm glad they are there!!!
I just drove to the gas station and got there right on 0 more miles to go. Then I realized I had left home without my wallet, so I drove the half-mile home and found your post. Thanks.

About 1 mile past 0 miles to go, and I put in 18.1 gallons, even after topping it off twice. So I guess I had another 30 miles before I would have actually ran out.

I just drove to the gas station and got there right on 0 more miles to go. Then I realized I had left home without my wallet, so I drove the half-mile home and found your post. Thanks.

About 1 mile past 0 miles to go, and I put in 18.1 gallons, even after topping it off twice. So I guess I had another 30 miles before I would have actually ran out.
Cx-9 gt 2016 here. Never been able to put more than 14 gallons in mine. Filled, said 350 @ 20.0mpg in San Diego.

My old school pops always said to fill-up when you hit 1/2 a tank or thereabouts. Fortune favors the prepared that kind of stuff. I will say it did save me a couple times when road closures in the hinterlands forced me to backtrack with no gas stations around.

My old school pops always said to fill-up when you hit 1/2 a tank or thereabouts. Fortune favors the prepared that kind of stuff. I will say it did save me a couple times when road closures in the hinterlands forced me to backtrack with no gas stations around.

agree...not to mention the water, dirt and/or gunk and carbon deposits that can form in the tank and gets in the fuel lines esp if cheap fuel is used can be detrimental to vehicle which IMO isn't worth it by getting fuel down to empty

Back