AN7's Mazda2 1.5 Turbo - Build Log -

I think I recall that the EU version used a wide band front, rather than the WRAF here in the states. If thats the case, you can get away with what your running with little or no problems. However the later sh7059 based system is MUCH more adaptive, and does not play well with piggybacks

Now we meet somewhere. I didn't know that the US version has different setup. Mine is with the "wideband" front O2 :)

The mazda 2 in EU, JDM and other markets except the US is on sale from Q3 of 2007 ;)

Now we meet somewhere. I didn't know that the US version has different setup. Mine is with the "wideband" front O2 :)

The mazda 2 in EU, JDM and other markets except the US is on sale from Q3 of 2007 ;)

I'm sorry, I did not realize the 1.5 was available in the eu. I think that's what threw me off on that(boom06)

After the installation of the injectors i was able to boost it up a little more. Last week i went to the dyno again to see what's going on...

1358279380708.jpg

Unfortunately the printer ink was out so.... the numbers are 170whp(192bhp)@6500 and 23kgm@5200

Until 4700 i have 0.35bar boost and at 5200 it gets up to 0.56 and then it still rises slowly to 0.6 @ 6500

Because i dont trust the connecting rods i dropped the boost a little @ 5200 and i boost it up a little more from 5900 to 6500

Regarding Front o2 sensor. Both us and eu have Wideband sensors. Ecu measures current flunctuation in the mA range

WRAF = Wideband

am2zzn00001050.png

On the manual it states :
" A zirconia element-type sensor (all-range air/fuel ratio) has been adopted.
― All-range air/fuel ratio sensor
Utilizes a characteristic in which the electrical current fluctuates minutely according to the size of the air/fuel ratio (remaining oxygen concentration).
The air/fuel ratio outputs minute values in the rich-to-lean range to enable fine monitoring of the degree to which the air/fuel ratio is rich or lean.
Electrical current is output based on the oxygen concentration in the exhaust gas."

ugh now i want to turbo my car, maybe after i autocross the s*** out of it i'll think about more power

dang if it costs you 2500...i have enough to do this. also my friend is gonna give me his td04 since hes upgrading his subie. and my other friend is upgrading is speedmiata and will give me his intercooler stuff....this is getting tempting..

Hello everyone just wanna say nicely done I like the pro touches i am 3 or 4 days away from installing a turbo on my mazda 2 just a question where did u relocate the air fuel ratio sensor to ? I will be running perfect power smt8 piggyback any ideas on this item ?

Here you can see the O2 sensor at the downpipe. It must be at least 20cm from the turbine in order not to toast it.

33166010200196777264960.jpg

Also about that piggyback, I've never heard it.

Ok i see so definetly i need to move the o2 sensor to the downpipe this is air fuel ratio sensor we are talking about not the lower o2 sensor which usually is located after the catalic converter ? One more thing is that clutch a protege clutch for direct fit ?

Last edited:
Yes, this is the first O2 sensor that is before the catalyst. The other O2 sensor is after the front sub frame.

It is from an MX-3

Thanks alot for the info it was very helpful but i just need one more question where is the maf sensor located now did u move it to after the filter before the turbo or left it just before the throttle body ? Thank u again for ur help it is really great work u have done
P.s i will be downloading pics of my mazda 2 very soon .

I moved the maf before the turbo just after the filter.
Glad I could help :)

Hey there , just wanted to ask about the injectors did you replace with oem injectors from another mazda or some aftermarket injectors? Nippon denso make right ? Thnx man

Yes, i replaced them with a set of Denso injectors that came from a Toyota 2.4 I4 motor(Rav4, Scion TC, etc) the are almost a direct fit, they only need a minor modification to fit to the stock harness.

Latest posts

Back