Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Turbo --Build Log--

Donated: $15

Mazda2 1.5T Sport

A fresh incar video acceleration

Registered Member

13 Mz2 Touring MTX

That video makes me equally happy and sad.

Registered Member

2011 Mazda2

Which TB did you swap in that fit? I did a search years ago and I got an RX-8 one for cheap, but we had to swap two pins on the connector to get it to work correctly. I tend to remember one of the coolant lines was in the way as well so we made a plate adapter for it to be able to rotate it for clearance, so we could mess around with it. I am curious which one you found that swapped in which is nice.
    DDMWorks- Research. Design. Driven

Registered Member

Mazda 2 1,3 MZR

I think itīs a TB from late 1.6 Mazda3, I have the same round about 1 year with no problems in mazda 2 1.3. Gives a litte better acceleration and a bit less restricted breath at high RPMīs - I Think. The difference is round about 5mm in diameter only in the inner tube not in the outer diameter.
    If you dyno this Iīm intressting in result. For search of this TB - Ebay will help especially with side by side pics.
    Last edited by Julia-Renee; 02-07-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Mazda2 1.5T Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Zach@DDMWorks View Post
    Which TB did you swap in that fit? I did a search years ago and I got an RX-8 one for cheap, but we had to swap two pins on the connector to get it to work correctly. I tend to remember one of the coolant lines was in the way as well so we made a plate adapter for it to be able to rotate it for clearance, so we could mess around with it. I am curious which one you found that swapped in which is nice.
    It's from an MX-5 1.8/2.0. I also had to swap the power pins and I had to drill the Fng out of the holes on the body to bolt
    This tb is 60mm ID, I believe the RX-8 should be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia-Renee View Post
    I think itīs a TB from late 1.6 Mazda3, I have the same round about 1 year with no problems in mazda 2 1.3. Gives a litte better acceleration and a bit less restricted breath at high RPMīs - I Think. The difference is round about 5mm in diameter only in the inner tube not in the outer diameter.
    If you dyno this Iīm intressting in result. For search of this TB - Ebay will help especially with side by side pics.
    I was between the MX5 TB and the TB that you are mentioning but I wasn't sure from the photos if it is bigger than the stock(I had send a couple of messages to some sellers in order to measure them but no luck) so I decided to go for the MX5's.
    If the late 1.6's TB is 5mm bigger then is better to go for this TB as the ID of our intake is 55mm and the stock TB is about 45-48mm.
    Maybe I ll go for a custom intake manifold so the extra mm of the TB are not gonna be wasted

a new video

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda2 1.5T Sport

TGVs Delete.

So far best mod I've done. The car is much smoother at idle than ever before and I cant find any drawbacks. The car leaned a bit at wot which indicates that there is more air coming in but I really don't care about any power gains since the car is so much smoother at idle and low rpms.
    I dont know why I haven't done that years ago.... really dont know.... I always believed that there will be hesitation at idle :S hahahahahah
    Last edited by AN7; 02-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

13 Mz2 Touring MTX

2nd photo isn't loading. Can you post a bit more info on the actual removal process? Also are you getting a CEL due to removing the TGV, or did you just remove the butterflies and left the mechanisms in place to prevent that?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910