Where to buy ARP diff bolts for mazdaspeed LSD center To replace ring gear. Need help

mazda_sp20

:
Mazda 323 SP20 (Australian FS-DE Protege)
I need someone with mazdaspeed registered to buy arp LSD bolt kit for me. Please help

Hello everyone,

I have tried searching everywhere for this and couldn't find an answer

I need to buy a set of ARP bolts and nuts to bolt on a new ring gear (crown wheel) onto my mazdaspeed LSD

I have purchased a second hand gearbox that has a 1-4 par straight cut synchro set and mazdaspeed LSD that was supposed to be in good working order.

Long story short...
The gearbox didn't feel ok and was hard to turn over after I bought it. After I washed the gearbox I found a crack in the bell housing. After disassembly we found stripped teeth on the diff ring gear and damaged pinion gear.

I have purchased a standard gearbox with damaged spider gears in the oem open diff with a good case and good crown wheel and pinion.

I have stripped both diffs and separated both ring gears from the diffs.

I need to order and purchase the ARP bolts that everyone uses.

I can't buy from mazdaspeed as I'm outside the US.

Thanks for your help in advance

Last edited:
You are not supposed to install PAR gears with anything but an M-FActory or Quaiffe. So it's shocking that somebody actually installed that.

contact Dino. Kooldino and ask him for help.

Hey Brian, I understand, if I had bought everything new, I would of matched up the straight cut gears with either mfactory or quaife aswell.

At the moment, I'm over budget with my motor with it getting forged, machined up, assembled, so no money expensed for the engine, and the gearbox I will reuse the gearset & mazdaspeed LSD.

The mazdaspeed diff is still in good conditions, only the pinion and diff ring gear got the damage.
Gears, synchro and rings and forks look like in good condition.
I will have all new bearings and seals fitted for peace of mind.

From as much as I can find out, the bolts I'm after are the identical ones that are supplied with quaife LSD when bought new to bolt on the oem ring gear.

Thanks for the tip Brian,

P.S. love your car

Last edited:
It's simply, that PAR specifically void warranty for anything but a Quaiffe.

Normally the point of PAR gears are to exceed 350 HP without blowing a transmission.

It is my recommendation that you keep the boost down until you can get a proper diff installed.

shattering a diff, will ruin the entire transmission which would be a shame.

This second hand setup used to make 260kw peak power at the wheels and 180kw as a street tune.
I purchased this setup from the owner once he received his car back from insurance, and stripped the engine bay, as someone stole it and vandalised and burnt the inside of the car.

This car was a show car and was well known locally. Didn't have a chance an chance to drive the car or test the engine prior to ripping it out.

I purchased it with good faith. Whether it was the owner knew that it was thrashed or the people that stole it and damaged it, I don't know.

I didn't know about the warranty aspect. I have the receipts off the owner for the gear set and gearbox assembly by PAR engineering here in Sydney.

I know a lot of guys with the early 90's 323 with g-series g15 boxes mixed par gear sets and Mazdaspeed LSD with modded inner cv and original outer, as their are more splines than early bg 323 with good and long term results.

Still ashame about the separation of the ring gear and pinion gear, with big power and abusive driving. Only if their was more space internally to have additional bracing performed.

On the side of the gearbox where 5th gear is located, people local from ford laser.com forums have had success.
On the otherside of the gearbox inside the bell housing is still really thin material. If the gearbox casting was made chunkier, the PAR bearing cups would be perfect.

I have had attempted in the past to have alloy plates tig welded inside the bell housing in the free space that did not disturbed the clutch. Only flaw is the gearbox cracked again around the welding, guessing the heat of the weld made other areas weaker?

Sorry, getting a little off topic, back to finding and buying these bolts

Just one less thing I need to organise ASAP so I can attach the ring gear to the diff and dropped back off to the gearbox people to reassemble

So if I read this right you are just taking the msp/lsd out of the par box and using the second trans you bought, right? If so... what are you doing with the old par stuff.

Still. If I could get some of that par stuff on the cheap, and would only need to buy some new par stuff to get me into the straight cut world....

Looks like he is trying to make one good trans out of two busted ones..

Sorry guys, yes making one good box with the PAR gearset, using the good housing, good pinion and good ring gear.

Still not having luck

Can someone purchase these bolt from mazdaspeedevelopment.com on behalf of me and resend them to me. Happy to pay plus a sensible fee for the running around.

Really don't want to use generic ford 9" arp bolts and be forced to grind or lathe down and modify to suit

Derrick from cork sport is helping me out and has been good.

Until I get the bolts, I'm still lookng

Back