Disable Warning that Rear Hatch is Open?

tex2670

Grand Poobah
Is this possible? Had an oversized package, with the tailgate bungeed down today--beeping the whole way home. Can warning be shut off?

Correct. Or over the buzzer. (hear ya)

It's on the right side of the rear lift.

Is this possible? Had an oversized package, with the tailgate bungeed down today--beeping the whole way home. Can warning be shut off?

Little late to this party but here we go.....

I use this old trick taught to me by a flea market guy......

You can stick a big round metal circle (keyring, carabiner) right into the locking latch on the hatch.

I use a yellow bungee cord and just ram the hook into the latch. It fits perfectly.

To undo, just lift up on the hatch release, while pulling the attached circle, carabiner, or hook.

I've also used those climbing carabiners with the same results. This also gives you a tie off point for your rope.

Properly attached, you have a solid anchor, and your "Hatch Open" light is NOT on, and there is no annoying ding!!!.

This photo is from my Murano
13443d1168526076-keeping-hatch-open-but-secured-while-hauling-cargo-5e201eff457f5dd3b3c56c5027fed0c2205.jpg

This "trick" also works on just about any car trunk or hatch out there, as long as it has one of those mechanisms.

Just remember, especially if using the hook of a bungee, RELEASE THE HOOK BY REOPENING THE LATCH.

If you don't and you go to slam the trunk with a "closed latch" (hand)(hand)

(not that it ever happened to me)

Since I'm bored, I just ran down to the garage on tried it on the CX-9. Works GREAT!

Disclaimer: Just because I said it, doesn't make it true! If you fail and your big plasma hits the road at 70mph (or you die of co2 exposure) or any other bad thing happens. I don't care and sure as heck am not responsible.

Back