Looking For Images For Roof Rack Basket For Protege5

:
2002 Protege5 & 2003 Protege Sedan
Hey guys, I tried the thread search for images of a roof rack basket for my 2005 Protege5 but no bueno.
I go hiking a lot and camping and unfortunately the Protege5 trunk space sometimes isn't enough to hold
most of the gear/s specially when I'm camping with more than two people. So, I figured a roof basket will
be a great additional benefit to hauling most of the camping gear. My 2002 Protege5 has the roof rack
rails so I just need to find the correct roof basket.

Can you guys post pics your roof basket if for those who have it. Let me know the brand and dimensions.

Thank's in advance!

I purchaced a barely used cargo box off of craigslist. An X-cargo sold at sears to be exact. Drove several hundred miles in the rain everything inside was dry and safe since the lid has the option to install locks. I must admit it looks hideous, but it works like a charm. If you want to see pics you will find a few in this years Lime Rock photo thread. I realize it's not what you were asking about but I thought I would throw it out there. Good luck!

Thank's for the input. Hoping to find someone in this forum with a basket on their Protege5 so I can order the correct one that works.

I haven't seen any roof baskets on the forum. You may have to be a trail blazer on this one.

The baskets on the Yakima site are pretty pricey IMO. Then again, I am a cheap-ass. I wonder if you could build your own for less? I could see you being able to use the angle iron parts from a shelving unit, all those holes would come in handy for assembly, to tie things down, and mounting it to the roof. That is a decent idea.

Back