Looking at a new DD...

MINIz guy

:
BMW M5
I come from the BMW crowd and drive a 2000 E39 M5. Yea, it has a big thirsty 5.0L V8 and I want to get better MPG while still staying with a sporty sedan. That leads me to the MS6 and I was just wondering what you guys think of it as a DD.

The ones I'm looking at have 100k+ miles. The local one to me has 140k and is asking for $8000.

What should I be looking out for at this high mileage? I've read a lot about how people have had motor swaps by now and that you can blow the motor if you lug it. Are these cars fragile and require more maintenance than my M5?

IMO, the ms6 would be okay. It does require premium gas and not the absolute best on gas mileage but I get about 25 average on mine if I'm not beating on it. Don't always drive mine hard but every now and then getting on the highway you just can't resist.

Fragile? I don't think it is. If you constantly drive it like you stole it I think you could get in trouble.

As far as maintenance goes, IMO most turbo cars are pretty high.

It's an AWD, so living in NJ during the colder months would be a plus.

The engines in these cars can last, it's all the sh*t around it that doesn't.
Don't want to discourage you, but if you are looking for something sporty with decent gas millage and relatively low maintenance, 100+k speed6 is not the way to go.

Latest posts

Back