No GPS signal and "store setting" error.

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
I just got my CX-5, a GT with tech. Noticed that the navigation hasn't had GPS signal from the get go. It actually locked the location into Times Square here in NYC, which I'm certain it has never been. It just says it has lost GPS signal. At times it also throws a "store setting" failure notification.

Any ideas before I have to travel over an hour to the dealership? (scratch)

BTW, is there an LED light for the gps unit located above the left knee on the dash? I am wondering if the unit was installed correctly. Going to pull it out and check the connections after I run the antenna diagnostic.

I used the system diagnostics to check the navi status. Power button + Seek Up, then enter code "15".

GPS ant checked OK, so I didn't bother removing the unit. I removed the SD card while the system was on (of course after the system confirmed removal safety), reinserted the SD card (making sure the lock tab isn't in place), switched ignition to off then on, and restarted the system. Bam, there you go. Also updating maps via TomTom Home as I type this.

Here's to whoever is having the same problem. No offense, but here is obvious a lack of information here and informative users...

Last edited:
Not sure if one can reasonably expect a prompt response on Christmas Eve and Christmas..... I think it's fairly typical for forum activity to take a dive on major holidays. And a Festivus for the rest of us!!!

Back