(help) CD player stopped working (doesnt recognize\eject)

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
Wife is calling me saying for the 2nd day in a row the cd player stopped working (doesnt recognize that there's a cd in it so it doesnt have a cd as an option, radio and everything else still works)...yesterday she was able to turn the car off and back on to get it to work, but she says today it (cd player) wont at all.

She's got a 2010 mazda5 GT with the 6cd (non mp3) and bluetooth etc.

Ive owned 4 mazda5's and never had any problems other than on super cold days (if there was moisture the cd wouldnt read and it would spit it out) but never would it fail to have the cd player as an option\eject etc.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue and what the resolution would be (loose wire\fuse, need cd's cleaned).

I will look when I get home...maybe even buy a used stock unit somewhere if I cant figure it out.

Thanks

I have a 2006 model and have been having similar issues. I think the changer is jammed on mine. I had the dash apart while doing the 'free aux-mod' install and took the opportunity to poke around the changer. I ended up not getting anywhere as far as getting the discs unstuck, but I did learn that there is a shield/door that blocks access to the CD slot, so sticking a credit card into the slot while the unit is in the dash will get you nowhere.

I haven't dug any further into this since I now have iPod connectivity.

it has been a random occurence for me as well. 2008 touring a/t. 6 disk changer, non mp3, no bluetooth. it would just not allow you to change sources or play anything. i could turn the unit off, and the volume, but otherwise it was frozen. would usually work after shutting down the car for a while. hasn't happened in a while but problems with the cd player are common.

Latest posts

Back