iracemine's purpose built N/A ST2 thread

No one used plastigauge? Or is that not really a mazda enough question?

OK then, should I go up a injector size after the head job? What is the duty cycle in a stock application? The engine shop said that the injectors should not be past 80%.

Found them on a 626 forums.

Found that I cannot get the piston wrist pins pressed out with the press that I have. SO, that's more money for the shop. The ZE pistons are shaped differently underneath too. So the pins they came with seem too short. But I guess I will have the motor shop give the final say to if they are to short. I could call up mazda motor sports and b****. Then I need to weigh the two pistons/pins/rings side by side to see if they are the same. If not then I got to get that all balanced up to.

Attachments

• Torque specs.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 332
You should be fine with stock injectors on that setup, I was running stock injectors at 14psi of boost, so a bit of upped compression will be fine.
Also, any brand plastiguage works really. All you do is put a small strand on the bearing journal. Torque everything to spec. loosen, then check the squished piece on the container the plastiguage came in to see bearing clearance. Should also check to make sure the piece doesnt look tapered to one end. Once done, wipe off with brake clean, and thoroughly lube the journals before reinstalling and final torque.

Should note, most stock internal bolts are torque to yield (one time use) so you will need to use the old ones for the plastiguage step, and buy new ones for final assembly.

meh
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1497.JPG
    100_1497.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 4,910
So now almost everything is dropped off at aes. The side scratching on the pistons was from the crappy rod ratio. And reading all the posts here that seems to be true. So He was thinking of getting the skirts powder coated as well to unleash a few extra pony's. Also as stated somewhere on here he said the head was in terrible need of porting. Like around 40hp worth of porting. So this might take a bit but we will see.

Waiting on the new ecu and harness along with the 4-2-1 header too. Need some time to figure out the ecu, and see if there is any other snags I will have to get taken care of before I just slap the motor back in and cross my fingers. More pics to come when I get some more stuff back in.

I am going to call off work next year so I can take you up on that offer Patrick

Got the ecu, harness, and header from repthemazdas today! (super fast shipping and killer price!!!!!) Gave myself a nice new present. (hehe) Here is a couple of pics of the stuff. The header is still new, and the welds are amazing!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I need a trigger, egr tube, and a wiring diagram to help me get this thing in. Was thinking of ditching the dashboard and running just spa gauges. But still would want to know when a cel comes on. (how the hell do I do that?) Well I guess I got something to do while I wait for the motor to get finished.

Attachments

• 100_1705.JPG
    100_1705.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 940
  • 100_1710.JPG
    100_1710.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 1,163
I may have a copy of the complete JDM wiring diagram. Will require me to track it down first though as its been a while.

Will let you know if I find it :)

Back