LED Daytime running lights?

Akshay

Has anyone fitted these to their car and have pics to share? Also what is cheapest way to get a set - they're so expensive from the dealers! (boom02)(scratch)

These are actually made by Mazda? Do they tap into existing wiring and run when the existing DRL's are on (the ones next to the headlights)?

Has anyone fitted these to their car and have pics to share? Also what is cheapest way to get a set - they're so expensive from the dealers! (boom02)(scratch)

I think LED daytime running lights come with the Tech Package. But they are integrated into the headlights, not a strip down on the air dam. I would want them higher for visibility.

Having looked through the various postings re fitting LEDs to the non tech version of the Mazda CX 5 and the problems associated with it. I decided to purchase the Mazda Suppied Kit from at a bargain price and save myself 350 fitting by my Mazda dealer. The removal of the front bumper was my biggest dread, however I found the following instructions and decided to have a go. Things to do, Be sure to tape the edges to prevent scratches. I used an old carpet to lay the bumper on after removal. Take your time and follow instructions. Finally, its not as hard as it looks if you have a basic knowledge of DIY. Save youself a fortune!!!!!

I live in the U.K. but would expect it would apply anywhere.

http://www.everythingmazda.co.uk/mazda-cx-5-cid52.html

http://www.aho24.de/shop/media/produ...1330946475.pdf

lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx5foglamps.pdf

I think LED daytime running lights come with the Tech Package. But they are integrated into the headlights, not a strip down on the air dam. I would want them higher for visibility.

Yes, they are inboard of the headlights on the GT's. I swapped out the yellowish cast OEM bulbs for white LED's.

cx-5-ext-lighting-004.jpg

I found those prices extornionate so was trying the discounted route. I think I may just have to bit the bullet then. I am very certain those LED modules are manufactured by a German company called Nolden but they only supply the modules and wiring harnesses. Those bezels are something they do not produce so I wonder if Mazda created them or another company altogether.

I'm just wondering though, for any of you who have those fitted in your bumpers, do they dim or go off when the headlights come on?

get the Phillips Brand LED DRL's...I got them SO awesomely Bright!...they come in either e 4-LED or 8-LED.

Thanks but I want them sitting OEM along the curved bumper so need a curved LED DRL. Just saw your build thread, nice mods there. I'm also thinking about getting that flexible rubber spoiler - how did you find the quality because I want to paint mine.

Anybody in the US able to get their hands on a set of these? I'd love to know how and how much it ended up setting you back!

Quite a lot since the bumpers are entirely different between Euro and the US. These snap onto preexisting holes molded into Euro bumpers.

I put them on last october on my wifes gt.I have an old post,think it starts My wifes new cx5 with euro led's.Or something like that.

Good idea if one is comfortable with cutting holes in their bumpers. Very nice!

Jwlj,You are the person months ago that got me started to find someone who would ship to the us!I not only purchased the led drl's but also the led scuff plates addtional jumpers for led footwell lights.It came to about 715.00 which includes shipping over here.Everything went together well.It is really really cool on the car,or should i say my wifes car.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ghts-from-uk&p=6053861&highlight=#post6053861

While the bumper leds look good, the low position leaves them open to road dirt, and kerb damage.

So far I find the Day lights irritating, why can't they be switched off?
I find it ridiculous that owners have no control over them.

While the bumper leds look good, the low position leaves them open to road dirt, and kerb damage.

The law says new cars [from 2011 I think] must have DRL.

In the US, CX-5 with HID headlights come with incandescent DRL in the normal high beam position. Instead of the normal high beam bulb, a P13W is fitted. Often times, owners replace the P13W with LED versions of the bulb, but at least with 2014 and prior models, the DRLs are incandescent, not LED. The mod is so easy, I think many that have the P13W DRLs just swap them for LEDs as I did. Here is a photo of a partial swap.

I just drive with my headlights and fogs on all the time, thus avoiding the DRLs. With all the poor drivers on the road these days, more light is always a good thing.

Back