2013 Mazda CX-5 Backup/Reverse wire front location?

ychanus

:
Gray CX-5
Hi there, just got the new cx-5 manual and love it. Working on installing a aftermarket JVC nav head unit with reverse camera.

Could anyone tell me where to find the reverse signal wire in the front? It is used to tell the nav head unit to switch to the reverse camera RCA source when gear shift to reverse.

When I'm done with everything, I plan to document the install with picture to help other members.

Thanks in advance!

Dont mean to hijack your thread but did you need to order a canbus to keep your steering wheel controls?

Ychanus, Sent you a PM, let us know what you find, and enjoy your Sport Manual....

Ychanus, Sent you a PM, let us know what you find, and enjoy your Sport Manual....

I installed a rear camera. I tapped into the reverse lights in the back of the car. So running from the back to the front I had the RCA cables and a additional reverse wire. I couldn't find the reverse from the front of the car.

I am also installing an after market backup camera. I am having trouble finding a loom to thread the wires from the back of the radio to the back of the car to the mounted camera. Any help would be appreciated!

I just finished installing a JVC head unit, with Xm radio and a back up camera. I just routed all the wires for the antenna and camera along the passenger side under the interior trim molding. I took all of the trim off of the back hatch and taped the wiring to the factory wiring. I pulled the door seal molding out a little at a time and tucked the wiring behind the trim. The little bit of wiring that is exposed going from the body to the hatch I covered in a spiral wiring loom. It looks ok but I figure how little you see it doesn't really matter. I popped the left side license plate light out and was able to route the wire for the camera thru that hole. The light went back in with just a little trouble. I'm powering the camera off of the parking lights. I wanted to be able to turn the camera on independently of just having it in reverse. I think in the future I'm going to run a power wire from the radio so I can have it on without needing to turn on the parking lights. I was in a bit of a rush so this will do for now.

Back