Mazda CX-9 2013 Kodo design Facelift and Retrofiting on older models

Camel Man

:
Mazda CX-9 2009
Will it be possible to retrofit the whole front and rear (except exhausts since old rectangular ones look much better than the new circular ones) of my mazda CX-9 2009 (first generation)?

Because from my observation of the new one it seems to be possible.

Ha! I would love to do this to the 2012 CX-9 I just bought. ;) At least the front, anyway; I adore this thing and think it's a great looking/performing vehicle, but detest the grin in the front.

hahahaha, modularlife. You seem to be one of the few who admits to not liking the grin. When I was in the market, I had to choose between the old non-grin and the new grin, and decided #1) absolutely no AWD and #2) no grin for me lol. I think the 2013 is better than the 10/11/12 grin, but even the 2013, those fog lights have to cost them all of 2 bucks each to make.

I have always been a fan of smoked tail lamps, but I'll have to take a close in-person look at a 2013, cuz in the pix i've seen, it almost looks like the tail lamps are cheap halogen bulb lamps. I could be wrong.

I do like the 2013 taillamps better than the 2012, and they look like a direct replacement. The front looks like it would require all parts forward of the hood and fenders.

If the headlight housing are of different size and shape then it would definitely need everything from the fenders forward. If for some reason they are the same (the housing) then all it would require is the front bumper cover.

The lights are redesigned and very integrated with the front end design trim. Look forward to seeing it in person.

The wife and I got the chance to see a 2013 touring in the same color up close and both decided that we liked the 'ol smiley front end better!

The wife and I got the chance to see a 2013 touring in the same color up close and both decided that we liked the 'ol smiley front end better!

I'm with you! I bought my 2012 CX-9 GT FWD in November (four months ago) and they had a 2013 model in the same color (Crystal White Pearl) on the showroom floor. I liked the tail lights and the addition of backup sensors, but I was NOT a fan of the new front end! I've never had a problem with the 'smiley' fascia! The 2013 also doesn't have the two-tone leather interior, which I love on my 2012...

Even if I didn't care for the 2012's big grin, the $9000 discount off MSRP that I got would have made it awfully pretty! =)

I did a side-by-side comparison of 2013 vs my 2008.
I think all the metal pieces are the same (fenders, hood, hatch, etc.).
Only the lights and bumpers are different.

To some it may not mean allot, but I sure would miss the the blue illumination on the doors, and especially the electroluminescent gauge cluster. If all was equal I might have traded up by now. I like Kodo over the 2010 thru 2012 big smile. But the 08 is still looking pretty sharp.

Back