Mazda5 2012 break-in mileage?

:
Crystal White 2012 Mazda 5 GT with Luxury Package
Just curious what is the break-in mileage for our vehicle if there's one in particular?
I just passed the 1000km mark and never red lined it or drove it pass 5k rpm yet.
Is it good to go for a redline or give it a few more?

Thanks!

It's in the manual, it's like 250 miles for certain things and 500 miles for the rest (just say 500 miles) I forgot the specifics. I've read manuals with break in periods of the first 1000 miles, 750 miles, etc., depends on what they deem is a good break in period for that engine. You shouldn't redline it at all really, your just wasting fuel and leaving a stink behind you, you're not going to win any cups or a grand prize of $500,000. If your at the track and in a performance vehicle then that's another story. Don't get me wrong I like to hold a gear in every once in a while to see where the torque band really starts, but I don't get to redline.

So you never go to redline? Let your car have some fun! I probably hit the rev-limiter on average once per day. Thats what its there for...if it would hurt the car to rev that high, the rev-limiter would kick in lower.

Zoom - You'd have been fine redlining it out of the dealership as long as you let the engine decelerate. Suppsedly helps seal the piston rings.

So you never go to redline? Let your car have some fun! I probably hit the rev-limiter on average once per day. Thats what its there for...if it would hurt the car to rev that high, the rev-limiter would kick in lower.

Zoom - You'd have been fine redlining it out of the dealership as long as you let the engine decelerate. Suppsedly helps seal the piston rings.

LoL

Back