Passenger Window on 2007 CX-7 will not come up

:
Mazda CX-7
I have a Mazda CX-7 from 2007 and the passenger window will not come up. Neither the local and driver's control will make it go up. I noticed on both control (driver's and local) buttons that the light for the control of the passenger window is off. When I turn the ignition to the ON position the controls for the passenger window briefly turns on and the goes to off as opposed to the one for the driver that remains on.

Will the reset as if the battery was disconnected will fix this? Any ideas of how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Javier

I fixed it!!!, followed the ECU reset procedure:

1. Disconnect the negative terminal on the car battery
2. Pump the brake pedal several times (7-8 times) to discharge any left over current (or alternatively you can wait a few hours, your pick)
3. Reconnect battery
4. Congratulations, you have just reset the ECU, but now you have to reset a few other things :p

And then;

How to recover from an ECU reset

* For the TCS land DSC lights
1. Start the vehicle
2. Turn steering wheel all the way to the right
3. Turn steering wheel all the way to the left
4. Turn off ignition
5. Start the vehicle
6. TCS and DSC are now reset

* For the windows
1. Just push the switch down until it clicks (moderator edit: hold the switch in the 1st detent, not the auto 2nd detent)
2. Then raise the window until it clicks
3. Do this for driver and passenger side windows.
o 2008+ models, 2007 models with TSB done: you can use the buttons on the driver side to reset the left and right windows
o 2007 models: using the button at each door, do the reset. The reset of the passenger side window will not work with the driver side button.

NOTE: Make sure the windows lock at the driver's controls is not set.

Back