psyco-joe's Green Lantern build

it's my brothers fr-s, he just got it a few weeks ago. I drove it a few times, it feels nice. :D

IMG_20130220_165337_zpsb1d73985.jpg

soon..

How'd that go? Must be nice to be able to use a lift! Big difference?

it went well with the exception that I forgot my RB subframe brace, which we were planning on doing the same day, at home (stooges).
the lift helped a ton, I can't imagine how much it would have sucked to try and do this on my driveway. It still took a long enough because the fact that the rails where swollen like a pregnant women in her third trimester. It took a good amount of pounding to get em straight enough to slide the rails over then we took our sweet time making sure the frame rails were perfectly aligned so we could get the center piece in without issue. Once that was the drilling took no time at all then after that the only slow down came from getting the center piece as high as possible and tight being that once it was at the height there was very little room to get the tools in and tighten it.

as far as how it feels, there is a clear improvement in turning capability and stability, and it also doesn't hurt that the rattling has been toned down too.

522014_577925932231914_2142184750_n.jpg

561201_10200142909948876_1085494201_n.jpg

7665_577925755565265_140743531_n.jpg

485161_577925815565259_2132619138_n.jpg

292239_577925872231920_1990385171_n.jpg

using my brothers fr-s as a support car. tool, jack, a full set of wheels with tires ice chest , chairs were packed in there.

ran sunday at streets of willow. got the track set up on but instead of doing the federal 595 RS-Rs I went with falken azenis 615Ks because the company i was going to get the tires from sold the last set the day I was going to pick em up and left me scrambling to get tires with only 2 days left before the race. Those tires held up well though and i was able to run a 1: 39.1 as compared to my previous best on this track about a year ago of 1:43.6. good improvement but not 1: 37 i was aiming for. maybe at the next event I will hit the mark.
edit: adding some pics of the wheel & tire set up. konig spooled 15x8 +20 with 205/50/15 falken azenis 615k.
733868_577476585610182_1899910381_n.jpg

1746_577476412276866_344325491_n.jpg

so true, also the fact that is says japan but on the box is says made in taiwan.
charlie-brown-facepalm-oUfBmt.jpg

thanks guys. i am glad you like it joe. for the next month or so i will be running the same set up and won't change much so i can do some maintenance on the car. Coolant is going to be flushed and replaced, valve cover gasket has to be replaced, it has had a small leak for a little while now, oil is going to be changed and I might change the brake fluid depending on how i feel that the brake system performs at the next roadster cup event in may.

Even though I am not going to be getting any new mods soon I am already trying to figure out what I am going to do though.
my plan is to do a front splitter & rear spoiler next. the reason being is that I am two points away from breaking out of street class and although I want to run mod class eventually for now I wish to do street class. I figure some good aero will benefit me more than a few more hp.
intake , header and exhaust will put me just .5 points under the limit of street class
splitter and spoiler will put me right at the limit of street class.

this is how the point system works .
the asterisk is what i have in my car. well except for 1 of them which is for the RB subframe brace that i still haven't put on but it should be on before the next event.
General Rules:
• All competitors must rent timing through Extremespeed Track Events.
• All Miatas must have a 4-point roll bar installed prior to getting on the racetrack (NC okay).
• Cooling and brake related mods are allowed in all classes.

Enthusiast: 0-5.5 points, tires 140+ tread
Street: 6- 10 points, must have catalytic converter, tires 140+ tread
Modified: 10.5+ points
Check all that apply and add up points to determine proper class.

_____+0 NA
_____+.5 NA 1.8
___*__+1 NB
_____+5 NC

Power Modifications
_____+.5 Intake
_____+.5 Exhaust (post header)
_____+.5 Header
_____+2 ITB (Do not add intake)
_____+6 Forced induction (Do not add intake)
_____+1 ECU standalone
_____+.5 Piggy/bipes (Excluding MSM)

Internals
_____ +1 Cams
_____ +.5 CR

Wheels
__*___+.5 8"
_____+1 >8”

Tires
___*__ +.5 205
_____+1 215&225
_____+1.5 >225
_____-1 >221 Treadwear

LSD
__*___+1 Torsion
_____+1.5 Aftermarket LSD

Suspension
_____+5 double adj. Coilovers
__*__+3 single adj. Coilovers (includes sleeve type
coilovers)
_____+2 Shocks or springs
___*__+1 Sway bar upgrade
_____+1 Tubular control arms
_**__+.5 Chassis stiffening (per chassis stiffening
device 1pt max)
_____+1 NB subframe in NA

Brakes
_____+1 Any BBK *Okay to put any sport brakes

Exterior Modifications
_____+1 Wing
_____+1 Splitter (do not add points for lip) _____+.5 Diffuser
_____+.5 Spoiler/lip (.5 max)
_____+.5 Canards
_____+.5 Fender flares

Weight
_____+.5 Soft top removal (do not add if hardtop)
_____+1 “Gutted” Cars (up to discretion of
steward)

Total Points

______8_______

Last edited:
Love seeing what you've done to yours. Gives me some great ideas for my second Miata. I love the fairly stock look and yet the lowering, roll bar and wheels all look great and add a ton of performance I'm sure.

thanks dude. I hope to eventually make it look much more aggressive with a front splitter and adjustable spoiler but that more down the road. I will be running the current setup for a while since I am trying to save some money to use for other stuff. contemplating even saving up for a cheap DD so i can go bat s*** crazy on this one. :D

Doesn't look bad, but I think those wheels would look better full polished. The center area is a little small for a contrasting color.

i agree, the center looks too small. polished, like this
meisterS13pc.jpg

Yeah that probably will look really good too. I have a friend that does powder coating and could do it but i think if i did powdercoating i would more likely do gold
of course you are probably wondering why i didn't powdercoat it in the first place, well, i had the plastic dip laying around from what my bro doing his wheels on his wrx so I wanted to see how my car will look without the white before actually paying to get it done.
meister-mhg.jpg
or this.
WorkMeister03.jpg

i wish i had real works (bang)

Last edited:
Ya I'd do the wheels all plastidipped, or none. They seem to work better all one color.

Back