2013 tech pack touch screen menu missing.

Limeybastard

:
2014 370Z and 2014 CX 5 GT.
Hi newbie just chiming in with a question. According to page 13 of the quick start manual for the Mazda 3 one should be able to go into Setup then Vehicle Personalization. This allows changes to door locks, light controls etc. However the Vehicle Personalization submenu is not present in my car 2013 Speed 3 with tech.

Can someone with a 2013 Mazda 3 please verify?

Thanks,.

Also forgot to mention. The rocker switch on the steering wheel next to the volume. Up and down work opposite to change radio stations.

I have a 2013 MS3 as well, and was wondering the same about the additional menu(s). Limeybastard, do you also notice when using a usb flash drive or ipod that the audio unit forgets the song played? Say you were listening to the forth song and park the car for the night, and the next day when you use the car it resets to the beginning of the first song. This is an annoying thing especially when listening to songs over 20 mins long. I wonder if Mazda has a firmware update of any sort.

i have a 13 with tech. my stupid USB drive does the same s***. ive been to 2 different dealers and have been talking with a rep from Mazda USA about it. i think that when enuff people have the 13 with the USB drive they will fix it.. please email mazda and make them aware that its JANKY!!

ohh and on the personalization, they have to be done at the dealer with a mazda scan tool.. you should get the 1st personalization set up done for you for freee under warranty

I really haven't noticed this ask don't use the iPod function often. But let's say you have 300 songs in your play list, are you saying that if I'm on song 52 then turn car off it goes back to song 1? Nightmare.
The seek rocker switch going in inverse mode when going thru stored radio channels is crazy too.

I really haven't noticed this ask don't use the iPod function often. But let's say you have 300 songs in your play list, are you saying that if I'm on song 52 then turn car off it goes back to song 1? Nightmare.
The seek rocker switch going in inverse mode when going thru stored radio channels is crazy too.

Yup, pretty much. I called the Mazda dealership to ask about this, and one of the service reps gave me a run around indicating this is a normal thing, and that this is how they come from Japan - I then told him how Kia's and Ford's don't have a problem with remembering the last song played in their audio systems, but got nothing. It seems like the car cuts all power to the audio unit or doesn't put music info into memory after it is turned off. This sucks Mazda!!!!

These small issues can be irrating I must confess. Let me know if you get to hack the new screen on the 3 to get the hidden menus. Maybe not possible, may be it is. I guess only time will tell.

Something else I noticed, when I plug in my iPhone via USB sometimes it starts to automatically play my itunes songs and sometimes it doesnt. It also plays the song when you are on phone via blue tooth HAHA.

Latest posts

Back