I-stop battery replacement - need some feedback

road_runner

:
Mazda 3 2010 2.0L
I see lot of posts over here and other forums that i-stop problems in CX-5 are often fixed by replacing the battery with a Q85 type.

Can someone explain what's the original battery's Ah and what's the one of the Q85 type? is it bigger in capacity?

I am trying to solve my problem for mazda 3 i-stop where dealer claims main battery needs replacement, but since it is out of warranty and i will have to pay for it, i was wondering if i shall go for bigger battery. (Mazda 3 one is 45 Ah with 26 Ah i-stop second battery)

So can someone that has information on the above CX-5 batteries please answer me,

Greatly appreciated

I wasn't aware that two batteries were used?

The UK Mazda CX5 brochure shows only one battery a "T-110 Ah", don't know what the T means, but 110 AH is a huge capacity.

I wasn't aware that two batteries were used?

The UK Mazda CX5 brochure shows only one battery a "T-110 Ah", don't know what the T means, but 110 AH is a huge capacity.

I guess i didn't explain myself clear enough
CX-5 indeed uses one, but my mazda 3 from end of 2009 uses 2 batteries.

110 Ah is indeed huge (is this for diesel version?) , do you happen to know if this is the Q85 type or some other. I am trying to understand if MAzda is recommending capacity upgrade for the i-stop problem

(my combined capacity of the two batteries is 45+26- 71 Ah, not that it is that simple math though)
But see no logical reason for mazda 3 to be such low capacity and if i indeed need to buy new one i would go for 60 Ah main battery.

Yes 110 for diesel, with 150A alternator.

Petrol is "Q-85 AH", with a 100A alternator.

I believe that cars with I stop also come with a expensive heavy duty starter motor.

thank you , so if i can not sort it out with the local dealership i am gonna buy a battery with bigger capacity like 60 Ah at least or even more like 72-75

Back