New struts

kosteniuks17

:
Mazda Protege5 2003
So lately when I take my car over a bump especially when its cold it would let out like a creeky noise i guess. So my mechanic friend just told me yesterday that he would sway out my struts for me, so I started looking into struts on ebay and stuff and on the forum. But I was wondering if different struts really change anything, Im just thinking go any kind of cheaper OEM struts and I'll prob be alright. Let me know what you guys think, or have experienced in the past. Also there were ones with like shock absorber on them, what exactly are those?

I have KYB struts and mounts, they are supposed to be similar to stock. However, check the rear end-links. I had a creeky noise in the rear and it was the end-links.

KYB or TOKICO would be fine to use

As far as shock absorbers go they do what they sound like they would do (TAKES THE SHOCK OUT SO MORE OF A SMOOTH RIDE)

Kyb gr2's are decent replacements. If you have the money, go tokico. And it wouldn't hurt to check your endlinks and bushings too

Hey so I looked into those tokico suspension and it looks very nice I'm thinking ill get those then. But it says they are a shock and spring set. Is our car a strut with spring set up or what? I'm slightly confused. Cause kyn has only strut suspension for sale.

As long as it's noted to fit your application - they're just saving webspace and calling them all the same thing.

I once upon a time saw the ILK kit (Tokico Illumina Kit of this type) for like 400 shipped from that site. The sale ended unfortunately just before I was able to buy.

Good Luck! And give us a review of the product once you have them installed and ride on them!

Back