bad idle, low oil pressure lamp at idel, then died code p0340

heeroguy

:
2003.5 mazda mazdaspeed protege
hello all.

ok picked up a 2003.5 msp, has good but of mods,

but current issue:

yesterday idle was bad, as soon as it is above 1000 rpm it was fine and oil pressure lamp went off, but under idle lamp was on and it would drop to almost 0 rpm and die once in awhile,

today, started fine and drove maybe 2 blocks and it was bucking hard at low rpm 1-3000, after 3k it was fine, but pulling out was a b****.

then in a few blows it just shut off and wont start, just cranks and cranks.

now code says cam position sensor and seems to make sense just wanted to post here before i went that route

thanks for any advice

did you check your oil level? I wouldn't even gamble with driving the car if the light comes on whether just idling or not

oil level is a little over full, and the light only really flickered on, so i dont believe it is oil level, getting a cam position sensor today, and that what was pulled from the codes in it.

Probably threw the mains...

That is not a total loss however... if it is the mains, it can be fixed...

herroguy.... Alter your location from "USA" to where you actuall live...

People are very helpful if they know you are a local..

well im in pottsville pa,

but seems it died from oil starvation, ruined heads cams and no oil comming from lower block =/

You now have a choice..

Buy a used motor for under $1000

Buy a used motor and build it forged for $2500

You now have a choice..

Buy a used motor for under $1000

Buy a used motor and build it forged for $2500
Wow, a used FS for $1000!?? I've bought my last three for under $300 and this last one was only $120 with a warranty...

The ones I get are under 50,000 Km use...
The one I got for $120 had 55k on it, the one prior to that for $300 had 40k (supposedly), and the other prior to that was 120k for FREE.

The one I got for $120 had 55k on it, the one prior to that for $300 had 40k (supposedly), and the other prior to that was 120k for FREE.

where do you get your engines from?!? I could use a back up to forge and if I can get one for 300 or less I would make a drive down to TN

Back