Gear shift light

I have a 2013 CX5. I just noticed the gear shift light is not lit, but has been in the past. I took the console cover off and the LED is plugged in. I have turned the headlights on and off and it is not lighting up. What are the odds the LED burned out? Everything else seems to be working. Could there be a fuse which would just affect that light?

I have a 2013 CX5. I just noticed the gear shift light is not lit, but has been in the past. I took the console cover off and the LED is plugged in. I have turned the headlights on and off and it is not lighting up. What are the odds the LED burned out? Everything else seems to be working. Could there be a fuse which would just affect that light?[/QUOTE

I have the same problem with my 2013 CX5 -- gear shift light stopped working two days ago. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for it or do I need to take it apart to check the LED?

Thanks!

I called Brookdale Mazda in MN and talked to a service tech assistant and she said she is not aware of the issue and to "bring it in" to be looked at. I don't know how reliable the information is since I didn't talk to an actual technician, but the assistant said she knows what "they" know.

I have a 2013 CX5. I just noticed the gear shift light is not lit, but has been in the past. I took the console cover off and the LED is plugged in. I have turned the headlights on and off and it is not lighting up. What are the odds the LED burned out? Everything else seems to be working. Could there be a fuse which would just affect that light?[/QUOTE

I have the same problem with my 2013 CX5 -- gear shift light stopped working two days ago. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for it or do I need to take it apart to check the LED?

Thanks!

I stumbled across this forum from doing a google search because the same thing just happened yesterday on my 2010 mazda 3. My gear indicator light is no longer working. I took apart the center gear console and found a single bulb. I'm not sure if it's replaceable or I'd have to cut/splice a new LED to the two wires there. I'll delicately try and if possible, remove the bulb with needle nose pliers tomorrow in daylight.

Welp, I realize I'm reviving an old thread here, but I just took ownership of a 2014 CX5 Grand Touring and discovered, the first time I drove it in the dark, that I have the exact same issue. I opened the console as described above (thanks) and the connector looks fine. Did anybody succeed in replacing the LED itself?

Gear selector light replacement

Gated Shifter and lights on.

Thanks, your posts with images are really helpful. And yes we do know to those who noted you can confirm selection on the left side of the dash. The post really is about the procedure to replace the indicator light at the shifter, or so I thought.

The shifter lighting will be helpful, right at the source. Bulbs wear, but it's an issue, and it seems to be an issue that other drivers are relying on the redundant indicator on the left of the dash, too. So thanks for the image of the panel. I'll post about how easy to fix. Thanks.

I feel like this is a stupid question but it is driving me nuts. Does the letters by the gear shift light up at night? ie the P R N D by the gear shift My gear shift is not lit up....I feel like in my previous cars this did light up at night.
Yes it is supposed to. I bought a 2014 Mazda CX-5 in 2014 and the first thing on the night test drive was no light. I asked about it and he had dealer checked it and said its not supposed to light up. I checked internet and saw that it does light up. I have since replaced the blown bulb. It is not an LED bulb as others are saying.

I have a 2013 CX5. I just noticed the gear shift light is not lit, but has been in the past. I took the console cover off and the LED is plugged in. I have turned the headlights on and off and it is not lighting up. What are the odds the LED burned out? Everything else seems to be working. Could there be a fuse which would just affect that light?

It has a non LED bulb that can be replaced.

Yes it is supposed to. I bought a 2014 Mazda CX-5 in 2014 and the first thing on the night test drive was no light. I asked about it and he had dealer checked it and said it*s not supposed to light up. I checked internet and saw that it does light up. I have since replaced the blown bulb. It is not an LED bulb as others are saying.

It has a non LED bulb that can be replaced.

I'm going to assume that, in the 7 years since the 1st post, the OP found an answer to his question.

Back