Bad DCR VVT?

Team_FS

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
I was wondering if anyone has ever had a bad DCR VVT.

I asked cause I replaced my failed VVT with the DCR. Then, I encountered a crapload of problems, car was producing no power under at all. At a certain point, the car didn't start anymore. After a lot of troubleshooting, my mechanic suggested to go to the factory VVT. Car starts but still the same issue. After a few days, the car struggles to start again. We ran the compression (cold) and leakdown test again: I get 160, 130, 160, 130. Leakdown shows leaking through the intake in cylinder 2. I couldn't get the % cause the % gauge was broken, but you can tell it was leaking a lot.

Mechanic says that the faulty DCR did the damage, so it was too late by the time the oem was placed. Has anyone had a bad DCR before?

dam. I was hoping some people had used this product before or had something to say, I was about to buy the same one but trying to research on them before I actually purchase it.
did you ever find out if it was that products fault or was it something else?

This is the first I've heard of a bad aftermarket VVT, but I haven't heard of any problems with the post-TSB OEM VVT either.

Back