Satellite radio antenna location?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
I am considering installing Sirius radio on my touring model and, in reading the online installation instructions. was disappointed to learn that the kit's antenna is installed about a foot to the right of the shark fin on the roof. I'm assuming that the factory installs it under the fin where God intended it to be. True??

My assumption would be yes, since I don't have a visible antenna anywhere apart from the fin and I do have Sirius. Perhaps someone else can verify.

Yes, the Sirius Radio antenna is beneath the shark fin on my GT. I know that for a fact because mine was faulty when I first got the car and the dealer had a hard time locating another one--took about 10 days for them to get the part (not the fin itself but the antenna that was underneath). The dealer did say that if they install Sirius as aftermarket, you get the little flat magnetic antenna that sits on the roof near but not under the shark fin.

mine is installed inside the car between the headliner and the roof on all 3 of our cars.. It does not need to be on the outside of the car at all. they cause more issues than anything being stuck to the outside of the car.

Back