Crank but no start

reynoldsrobbie

Contributor
:
2015 Mazda 3 iTouring sedan
Whats up people? Long time no see. Anyways on with my story...I have a 2003 turbo MP5. About two weeks ago I hit a hard pothole on the freeway and it hit so hard that my wipers came on. I chalk that up to the 18's with 35 series rubber. Anyways, the car started to hesitate and loose power. It died about 300 feet down the freeway and had me stranded. I tried to crank her over with no avail. I ended up killing my yellow top Optima in the process. I had her towed home and replaced the battery the next morning. The car started on the first try...success! So I thought. Last night I hit a small dip on a street (like a drainage gutter? ), not as hard but still hard enough to make that "DOH!" face. Well, same thing. The car sputtered and died about 300 feet later. Now she cranks and will not start.

HELP!

grounds? Main fuse ok (100A)?

simple things first - electrical issue possibly - check all battery connections and ground to the chassis/engine.

Quit hitting pot holes, whatever it is hard bumps is causing it so you would have had the issue eventually anyways, sounds like the connection at the battery

grounds? Main fuse ok (100A)?

simple things first - electrical issue possibly - check all battery connections and ground to the chassis/engine.

How do you even check those fuses? Ive got my test light out but cant seem to find a post on top to stick it on???

If you guys need me, I'll be over here in the corner with my dunce cap on. (stupid) Apparently I hit so hard that it lifted 3 of the relays under the hood, just enough to not make contact. the MAIN being one of them! First rule in automotive training K.I.S.S. I think I go brain dead when its my car. Thanks guys!

While I'm here...I have been wondering why my car is running at like 3500 at freeway speeds (65-70 mph)? Almost feels like I need a 6th gear. Don't remember how it ran before I put my turbo in (WOW its been like 5 years already). I think it's why I'm only getting 25 mpg???

At 75 mph you will be around 3500 rpm. And yes being boosted means more air going into motor which means more fuel as well. Adding a turbo will not affect gearing.

Back