Maleskimp3 Build Thread

2013-02-07_20-27-47_368_zps74d977ea.jpg

New coil set up with the AEM smart coils.
2013-02-09_18-38-20_906_zps3f5cd5c5.jpg

Nicely wrapped wires for the coils.
2013-02-02_19-52-49_300_zps610045f0.jpg

Made my own spark plug wires using MSD wire and terminals. I made the boot to replace the stock ones as I am now using a valve cover off a 626 where the coils where the coils are not mounted directly to the cover. You can barely see it but I engraved JayRacing on the top for some added flare.

looking great as always Nate, always nice to see out of the box thinking and fab work instead of bolt on options.

As some of you know I build allot of my own parts and its been awhile since my last post on M247 so ill just post up a couple of projects I did over 2013. Hope you enjoy.

Roll Bar Project
Fuel System
Connecting rods
Suspension items
Push Button Start

Race Day! New PB ET 12.48 @117 not a huge improvement but a improvement none the less.

Roll Bar Project

I made a solid model of my roll bar and plotted it out at work to try and fit it as close as I could to the walls. One thing I forgot about and would advise anyone that will undergo a project like this is to make sure you can and are prepared to take the bar in and out for fitting and welding. I knicked my rear driver side door wiggling this thing in and out. Tubing is all 4130 and tig welded in.

Slotted the rear seats so they can still fold down if I needed them to.

Finishing it off with mirror blue power.

Had to complete the roll bar project with a new Sparco seat. I did make some custom brackets to mount this but I cant seem to find the picture at the moment.

Fuel system

Duel fuel pump assembly

I got my fuel rail anodized black and engraved.

I added -8 line feeding the rail also.

Connecting Rods

I always want to challenge myself and make difficult parts and what better way than to make a critical engine component.

Caps

Beam

Did I mention this are made of Titanium? :)

Suspension Parts

Sway Bar Brackets, kind of a bad picture but they are the blue brackets on the say bar.

Push Button Start

This actually started because the car would was intermittent and would not start every time so I had believed that I had I had a wiring issue. The EMS4 would not power on and I was stubborn in thinking that there was no way it was a problem with the brand new ems. I struggled with the problem and tried everything I could think of to fix the problem but what ever I did it never seemed to help. So after two years and completely rewiring my EMS4 twice I found out that the early EMS4s had a faulty component that would cause the unit to not power on. I sent it in to AEM for repair and it was been fine ever sense.

im considering buying the jayracing fuel rail does it fit well with the 505zoom intake manifold.... build is looking great

"I whipped it up" he says...

When I whip things up I'm lucky to get an unburnt dinner. Not a work of art like that.

Amazing work.

Its not too bad if u plan out how ur going to do it before you go in and have ur programs prewritten. Making the impeller was easy compared to pulling off the stock one with out damaging the casting. I split one of them in two and had to order another one. I need to be patient so I can collet some data on the stock pump for a comparison but I want to put it on so bad.

"I whipped it up" he says...

When I whip things up I'm lucky to get an unburnt dinner. Not a work of art like that.

Amazing work.

UPDATE!!!! There is way too much here going on not to give us more info Nate.

haha I do have a lot going on but unfortunately haven't finished any of them. Trying to focus on some suspension tidbits, a water pump tester, and new cams and hopefully I should have something more to post in the near future.

Back