Suspension Clunk - Left Front (2010 Mazda5)

Prothane sells grease-able poly bushings with brackets that'll fit the front sway bar for $14.37 per pair!!! Correct product number for our 21mm front sway bar (2012 mazda5 sport) is #191164. I am planning to upgrade mine in the spring when I switch from winter to summer rims, partly because the access will be much easier with the wheels off when I can move the plastic inner fender lining out of the way.

Prothane sells grease-able poly bushings with brackets that'll fit the front sway bar for $14.37 per pair!!! Correct product number for our 21mm front sway bar (2012 mazda5 sport) is #191164. I am planning to upgrade mine in the spring when I switch from winter to summer rims, partly because the access will be much easier with the wheels off when I can move the plastic inner fender lining out of the way.
That's an awesome find! This should be stickied for future reference. My rear MS3 Prothanes has not caused any squeaks this winter but it's less than 1 year. Quality grease will help prolong maintenace needs, I highly recommend Superlube.

I thought our fsb was 23mm?

naaah i just triple checked. Front is 23mm and the rear is 20...

EDIT:well, for a first gen. I just noticed you are referring to a 2nd gen.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.0L
Hit a bump too fast last december and had an annoying clunk over speed bumps and dips in the road ever since. Always worse when cold.
Will be getting the bushes replaced soon, hopefully fixes it.

Noise is from rear left ( rear passenger in the UK )

I have a 2017 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.0L
Hit a bump too fast last december and had an annoying clunk over speed bumps and dips in the road ever since. Always worse when cold.
Will be getting the bushes replaced soon, hopefully fixes it.

Noise is from rear left ( rear passenger in the UK )
What you are describing could possibly be a blown shock. If so, it is possible the leaking hydraulic fluid will be visible on the shock body.

What you are describing could possibly be a blown shock. If so, it is possible the leaking hydraulic fluid will be visible on the shock body.

No blown shock. I've had KYB shocks installed at the rear and the noise continued.
I have had end links done, I have also had top mounts done

Back