Looking to buy a MazdaSpeed3 2007

kitkit201

:
Protege5 Yellow
Hi folks,

I have been in and around a lot of cars recently and looking for a 4 door for practically and space reasons and it sits 5.

I currently have a 2000 Honda Insight and love the MPGs, but want something more. The 2 seats and rough ride gmake me feel like i am in a miata again (nothing wrong with that) but i'm looking to possibly expand soon and need a hatchback

I had a 2005 Mazda3 hatch manual before and loved it.

I am looking at a 2007 MazdaSpeed 3. The car is original owner with 102k miles on it. The only has done all the recalls and only recently replaced the thermostat on it, but nothing else. I'm going to check out the car today

But what should I be looking out for? The price is around the KBB price, which is nuts because a similiar MZ3 at the same millage actually costs MORE ?!

Thanks in advance

Ehh kind of a hairy situation, the 07s were notorious for recalls and motor mount issues, you also have to worry about someone running the dog piss out of the car. Never the less I'm sure you will test drive it so you will get a feel that way but also just look at random engine bay pics online of the car stock so you have something to compare the car to when you see it. At least that way it will help you tell if it has been modded, then again you may never know either.

Other than that I would treat it like any other car you would go to buy/looks at. Good luck with it and I hope it works for you.

I just bought one today! I was a little weary about getting an 07, but check to see if recalls have been done, smoking turbo and vvt. (those are the major once I know of). Go for a test drive, let the car idle, make sure to shift into all gears, test the ac and all other mechanical/electrical features. Pretty much just the normal things for buying a used car, other than those recalls, along with the motor mounts being an issue on some of these cars, that could be an indicator that the car was beat around.

I'm a newb too, but hope this helps a little.

Back