Seat comfort - Touring vs GT

rcs914

:
2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech - Meteor Grey
So I test drove a Touring yesterday and I was disappointed to find that the same issue I had with the Mazda3 affects me with the CX-5 too. The left bolster on the seat hits me on the left hip and is extremely uncomfortable to me. Yes, this is due to my own butt being a bit too wide, but it is still disappointing. The dealership didn't have any GT models to try, but I think I had read somewhere that the leather seats were more comfortable. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

I've test driven cars with both and can't recall any difference. It's just the upholstery that's different.

So I got a chance to drive a GT yesterday, and I can definitely state that the bolster issue is lessened with the leather seats. This isn't something you would likely notice at all unless you are of over-average size. It was far more comfortable to me, and convinced me that a GT is the way I will go. Now I just need to wait till my local dealership gets one with a sand leather interior, since black in Arizona is a BAD idea...

i believe the touring and grand touring have the same style seats just different material.....however the base model seats are not as "sporty" .....there are 3 types of seats offered in Canada.

Latest posts

Back