Heated Seats

meeshow

:
'13 Black Mica CX5 6MT
Hey everyone, I was just wondering (as weird as this sounds) what the heated seat controls looked like in your CX5's. We purchased a 6spd MT Sport back in March and ordered heated seats, a car starter, winter tire package, convenience package and extended warrantee. This was March, the heated seats were installed a month and a half ago because "Mazda hadn't released authorization for aftermarket heated seat installation". This seemed bogus to me and is now why I am inquiring. The heated seats installed are two toggle switches, flat buttons with a high and low setting, drilled into the centre console just ahead of the stick shift. Looking at the webpage, the controls are 3 tier and mounted under the climate control?

Also I have been informed as of late that an auto start does not exist for the 6spd and only for the auto. This after shelling out 750 bucks at POS. Does anyone have any insight to the design of a manual auto start for our CX5's, anything would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Looks like they went with aftermarket stuff, which is often the case actually.

From your description they might have installed something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). It has good reviews and one can drill the button locations pretty much everywhere.

MT remote starter will never be available from Mazda. Period. Liability issues mostly.

My installer informed me that there is still no immobilizer module available for MT CX-5 which would not require a key fob constantly present in the car. Currently, that would introduce an extra cost towards the whole installation.

Once such module is readily available, I'll get simple 2-way python system for $350 total, installed in my garage by my guy. He works for dealers who charge customers $800-$1000 for remote start and get him to do the work.

Hope this helps.

Hello Meeshow,
In my CX-5 i've got the original Mazda seat heating.
The switches are in the centerconsole and have three stages with orange leds.

The Mazda6 sportbreak i've had came with a free leather interiour, and had aftermarket seatheating.
Round switches with a red and green led, two positions.
I'm not trying to scare you, but in the first winter it burned the leather drivers seat and a hole in my jacket !

Afterwards it was repaired with a hole new set seatheaters.

Gr. Karl

This is what my dealer install controls look like. I am not crazy about the high-low options only, also when you have them on, get to your destination, turn off the car and then turn it on again later, the seats start heating up again.. So need to remember to turn them off... Slight pain in the butt but better than not having them at all.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is what my dealer install controls look like. I am not crazy about the high-low options only, also when you have them on, get to your destination, turn off the car and then turn it on again later, the seats start heating up again.. So need to remember to turn them off... Slight pain in the butt but better than not having them at all.
View attachment 198660
View attachment 198661

The stock factory installed seat warmers remain on when re starting the car also. I prefer it that way personally. In winter ill want them on all the time anyway.

NJ nailed it. Those are the switches. Orange and Red LED, LO and HI. I figured they'd install aftermarket seat warmers, how much did they set you back? As for the car starter, it was negotiated into the financing at POS, so this should get interesting when I say I want a refund for the entire cost. I don't mind that they stay on all the time, especially now that the snow has already begun to fall. However, I am not too partial to being able to see the coils thru the cloth, and feeling them on my arse here and there.

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks Gova for the info on the auto start, they have been running me in circles for the last 7 months, telling me to just wait it out.

Mine has like this (below aircon):

You just tap them 1..2..3..OFF to get desired heating.

Cheers,
Miki

Last edited:
Mine has like this (below aircon):

You just tap them 1..2..3..OFF to get desired heating.
Cheers,
Miki
Yep those are nice.. yours is GT model with factory installed heated seats. The pic I posted was Touring model (and hence simplified climate controls.. Which I made peace with :) ), with heat/leather installed by the dealer.

Hi Guys,

New to the forum but I have a question regarding the installation of the after market heated seats with the toggle switch. We have the toggle switches installed in front of the gear shift, however the driver side switch no longer works. We purchased the vehicle (2014 CX 5 Touring) back in March and I had no idea the heated seats were an aftermarket install. I suppose my question is how hard would it be to replace the switch myself? Or would it make more sense to take it to the dealer and allow them to do it since it sounds like they may have installed it to begin with.

Thanks!

Don't know how hard it is to replace the switch, but the heated seats in your 2014 are factory installed, not after market. This post is over 4 years old and relates back to when the CX-5 first came out! I would check around first and be sure that all the wires under the seat are connected and that there are no blown fuses.

Back