• Velocity Red Mica

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Rockin03mp5

:
'13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom
So... my awesome car salesman is basically letting me order my mazda3 and will hold it with my name on it until the lease for my 6 ends. (inside even)

Took a nice long test drive and was basically sold. Manual transmission FTW! (38 mpg ftw as well)

My only really big question... is what color should i order?

Unfortunately... sky blue mica is no longer an option...

My 2 choices are Black Mica and Velocity Red Mica. (Dont like the rust spots that seem so obvious on white, and 3 different shades of gray are just boring)

So... which should i choose?

Black Mica Pros
Super awesome looking when clean
Any color wheels works with it.
Doesnt scream "look at me"
Hides the smile the best... even though the smile has grown on me.

Black Mica Cons
Gets dirty in 5 minutes
Black with black is hot in the summer
Tends to not be seen well in traffic... as in other cars cut me off or dont notice me even with all my lights on.

Velocity Red Mica Pros
Looks super awesome
Easier to spot... so hopefully other cars will see me and stay out of my way.

Velocity Red Mica Cons
Can say "look at me" to cops... but wasnt a problem with my other red car.
Not as many color choices for accessories like wheels

So... yeah. Let me know what you think... and add any other pros and cons that i may have missed.

I didn't think the skyactiv came in red, atleast not the base with a manual.

edit- 2013 red is an option, so is manual w/ a moonroof

Last edited:
I couldn't get my 2012 in Sky Blue and Velocity Red wasn't an option so it was either Black Mica or Crystal White Pearl. I ended up with Black Mica since my girlfriend has a white Fiesta and my dad has a white Mustang GT convertible. I would have definitely loved Velocity Red though.

Both colors would look amazing. I'm leaning toward red because my 2 and my truck are both black and i love it, but they are IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean, and most of the time even when they are clean you can still see water spots.

Yup, red is an option for '13.
Thanks for the opinions. Keep em coming.
3 votes for turtles though...I guess I will have to keep that in mind.

I'm not a fan of red cars but I have to admit, the Velocity Red is amazing. :) I want a red MS3 but EvilMonkey says no. (headshake

Voted for VRM, shouldn't need to justify why. lol Black does look nice when clean but it's such a pita to keep that way.

I see why you don't want white or 50 shades of grey but what about indigo lights?

Indigo looks nice... but all they had was the dune interior. it does look like you can order the black interior now, but the dune is just ugly. plus, i dont want a 3rd dark blue car in a row. probably why i am leaning more red.

And what is with all the turtle votes? You lazy bastards!

just a bit phen... just a bit.

ill admit, i am leaning vrm... but i cannot rule out...

turtle-shell-racer-cars.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't want dune either...I prefer my interiors black. And in the color's defesnse it's not as dark as blue mica....still wish they offered celesstial blue.

would have taken sky blue...

and... why is there no yellow anymore?

Or even the plum color they used to have on the 3.

I had a test driver velocity red Mazda 3, I loved the colour, but there were no velocity red Mazda 3 Skyactiv with 6 speed manual and the moonroof & leather package within a 1,000km radius. My second choice was sky blue but that wasn't available either, so I went with crystal white pearl.

What did happen to sky blue? It wasn't around long at all.

The plum was a nice different choice. I also liked the phantom blue.

This was my test driver 3, Skyactiv with 6 speed manual, sorry the iPhone doesn't really show how amazing the red looks. It's not as red as the true red in the older 3s but it looks fantastic in the sun. I would've considered getting this, it only had 40km on it when I test drove it, but I wanted the leather and pleather interior and power driver seat, even though the base model Skyactiv is already nicely loaded. Too bad, the car had 165km when I was done with it lol, but that long test drive pretty much helped seal the deal, I was getting 7.1L/100km in heavy city traffic.

385980_547944783395_218237720_n.jpg

What did happen to sky blue? It wasn't around long at all.

The plum was a nice different choice. I also liked the phantom blue.

Sky Blue is still very much around, it was introduced in 2012 and is a carry over into 2013. I believe you may be talking about Celestial Blue Mica, that really nice looking bright blue colour that was only around for 2010 and 2011.

Yeah, I wouldn't want dune either...I prefer my interiors black. And in the color's defesnse it's not as dark as blue mica....still wish they offered celesstial blue.

+1

Oops I didn't realize that Sky Blue disappeared from the US. Still available in Canada.

Back