Anyone try installing satellite radio or Homelink compass self-dimming mirror?

depending on you familiarity with mazda and mechanic abilities. the hardest part is probably getting back together the right way. The forward LT. pillar cover is really tuff to get back on correctly. I know that most mazda dealers charger aprox. 120.00 installation, it could be worth it in the long run. To answer, its at least a 8 or better.

depending on you familiarity with mazda and mechanic abilities. the hardest part is probably getting back together the right way. The forward LT. pillar cover is really tuff to get back on correctly. I know that most mazda dealers charger aprox. 120.00 installation, it could be worth it in the long run. To answer, its at least a 8 or better.
I assume you're talking about the mirror; not the radio?

I added the upgraded mirror to my GT and had the dealer install it. They estimated 2 hours and it took 6 hours for the install by the dealer. They charged me for the 2 hours

I added the mirror to our Mazda3 and I'd say it was a 2 for difficulty. I'm not sure how different the CX5 is though.

The hardest part with the 3 was getting the clips on the pillar trim off and on. It has ones once you pop it loose that hold it to the pillar still. I'm assuming that is so when the airbags blow you don't get wacked in the face with the trim. I was nervous about breaking the mount or glass when getting the mirror off but a fairly strong coat hanger did the trick.
I want to add it to my CX5 but it came with so many goodies I feel guilty adding more :)

Back