Who's got an aftermarket grille on their mazda 3 hatch? How did it fit?

rlambert02

:
2005 Mazda 3 S (5 door)
So I just recently got my carbon fiber grille for my 05 mazda 3 hatch from racingraven on ebay.
I was super excited to put it on, till i was putting it on and it didnt fit....The wholes barely lined up enough for me to bolt it on, and I had cut off about 1/3" of corner of the lip of the hood that sits behind the grille because the rear mold is to fat; so the grille wouldnt sit in the factory position. And once I installed it and made the few little modifications and actually got it on; there's a good size gap between the top of the grille and the bottom the hood. And they made it too big, so when the hood is closed it doesnt wanna close all the way, and it's a complete b**** to pop the latch under the hood cuz the grill is extended too low, and when the hood is closed the latch to pop the hood pokes through the aluminum mesh. I'm pretty pissed i payed $150 for this when nothing about this grille is right.

So long story short dont buy a grille from racing raven unless they fix their mold.
And does anyone else have an aftermarket grille, preferably carbon fiber, that they like, had no issues with fitment, and doesnt cost a ton?

paying $150 for a real carbon fiber grill is actually extremely cheap. a quality one usually runs upwards of $300 bux. so the price point alone would have kept me away, or at least expected some work to be done even before i purchased it.

its been said time and time again, You get what you pay for.

Back