How does CPO Warranty work if Original factory warranty is still left

Hi Folks
About to pull the trigger on a 2012 CX-9 GT with about 16k miles. It is a CPO from a dealer. The car still has about 2 years/20k worth original factory warranty left. I am wondering if that will subsume the CPO 12months/12k warranty or CPO warranty will begin after factory warranty is over?
Cheers

Factory is primary, CPO is secondary. How the CPO acts depends. Some extend the factory warranty, some start running at the time of purchase. Get a copy of the warranty from the dealer and see what is says.

Factory is primary, CPO is secondary. How the CPO acts depends. Some extend the factory warranty, some start running at the time of purchase. Get a copy of the warranty from the dealer and see what is says.

Thx. Sitting at the dealership now. The factory warranty subsumes the CPO. So in my case my factory warranty will outlast CPO so I get 2 yrs of bumper to bumper. The limited power train warranty though outlasts factory power train warranty. So that will be 7yrs/100k

would a intake runner control stuck closed be covered under the factory warranty? Just want to know before i take it in to the dealer tomorrow.

Back