Greater Vancouver (BC) buying experience

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi,

I just wanted to share my buying experience for benefit of others who is looking for a good Mazda dealer in the Greater Vancouver, (Canada) area. I could not find decent review of Mazda car dealers in my area on the website.

Back in early July, I went to the Mazda dealer in North Vancouver, Port Moody, Boundary road and Metrotown Mazda.
I did not negotiate with North shore Mazda as the sale guy kept saying no discount or very little if any as the CX-5 is selling very well at that time.
The one in Port Moody was the worst of all. The sales guy told me that there is no dealer prep fee, but there is a mandatory window etching fee of $300 per car from Mazda Canada. I called the dealer next day and spoke with another sale guy, he said they dont have a window etching fee but have dealer prep fee of $300. I do not like when the young sales guy lied to me about mandatory window etching fee. Also, the sticker price on the car I test drove was slighter cheaper than MSRP. But the dealer will not honor that price as they said they placed a wrong price on the window of that CX-5 I drove.
The one on Boundary road was okay but did not feel as good in term of sales or service (when I called ahead to ask questions about Cx-5 services etc.) as Metrotown Mazda.

So I ended up buying the CX-5 from Troy at Metrotown Mazda. He was easy going and upfront, willing to work out a deal at a fair price for both parties. I also bought zoom-zoom VIP card program they had which gives discount on service and parts but you need to pay upfront first.

So far, I am very happy with the CX-5 which runs very well. (have not checked for mirror or hood vibrations) Planning to place a bug screen and seat cover very soon.

Thank you for reading.

Congrats on your new ride!

What's the bug screen for? Aren't you concerned with potential wind noise or an increase in aerodynamic drag on the freeway?

Thank you MoMo. I meant to say to place the gutter guard (large enough holes) behind the grill to minimize rocks from hitting your radiator and did not mean bug screen with very small holes.
I would also like to know if anyone wish to share any service experieces (good or bad) in greater Vancouver area. Thank you.

I've bought 3 Mazdas in 8 years all thru the same sales person at Signature Mazda. They don't necessarily give the best price all the time, but for me, it's all about how you're treated through the buying experience which is why I've stuck with them same guy for 8 years. I didn't get much of a discount off the cx5 but he more than made up for it with accessories and a decent trade in value.

Back