I did a search for this 'how-to' in the CX-5 section

MP5stephen

:
Mazda Protege5 & Miata M Edition
I can't seem to find a 'How-to: Convince your mother to get rid of her sluggish tank like Tahoe, and get a CX-5". She enjoys the features of OnStar, Sirius/XM, moon-roof, and the leather. All of those features can be found in a CX-5(except for OnStar). She is averaging 14-15mpg. Best I've seen was 16.2-16.6 from driving to Miami and back. I really like the bright blue Mazda color.

Any ideas on getting her to lose 5.3 Chevy LS Engine, for SkyActiv.

P.S. She doesn't even tow anything. The hitch was used for a bike rack.

she probably feels the feeling of safety of driving a larger vehicle out weighs that of the cost of gas at this time. However, trucks don't need to meet the same safety requirements as cars do. I know someone who got broadsided while driving a toyota Forerunner years ago. yes, a tahoe is bigger, but the person who hit her, in a car, was going fast enough to do enough damage and she had her pelvis broken and a couple of other injuries.

According to gasbuddy.com, gas is averaging $3.64/gallon in your area today. If she trades for the CX-5 and assuming she gets 29 mpg and drives 15,000 miles per year, she saves over $2,000 on gas per year.

Regular gas is $3.69/$3.73 for reg. I told her if she doesn't like the CX-5, there's always CX-7's, but those aren't as good on gas.

Blind spot monitoring. IIHS top safety pick. Kelley Blue Book expert rated #3 out of 58 crossovers

Blind spot monitoring seems like one of those features you don't know you want until you drive with it. It's nice to have that extra peace of mind. (At least that's what it's like for me)

Back