Installed Headlight LED DRLs

Looks very nice great job, what bulbs did you use and how was the install did it require tapping into additional wiring or whatever? I never did anything like this and I would like to change the yellowish DRL to white also but just white not that blueish crap. I have the GT with Tech Package any info will be appreciated, thanks.

This is where I got them. I will post the part number later tonight. Very Easy intall. Just twist light out of housing, press tab on connector and pull plug off. Plug connector on new LED light and insert LED light in housing with small turn. Click on link below(wow)
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/

Did that years ago..

1.jpg

3.jpg

I have a non tech package CX-5 and i used the same bulbs from there (even with the decoders) and it wouldn't work correctly for me.

Mike, From your discription before when you said it worked only on high beam it sounded like you were using the wrong light in the headlight housing.

This is where I got them. I will post the part number later tonight. Very Easy intall. Just twist light out of housing, press tab on connector and pull plug off. Plug connector on new LED light and insert LED light in housing with small turn. Click on link below(wow)
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/

That easy? what the heck was I thinking. First time I've owned a car with HID on second thought my Acura TL may have had them in any case first time I bothered to care lets say.

So what type of LED bulb?

I bought these a couple months ago. I'm not TOTALLY happy with them. They have a pretty good blue hue to them. I'm fairly up to date on all things lighting as I have modded all my vehicles (including my bikes) over the years. I REALLY wanted to get them to be a true white w/o any hint of blue. I could have stood for a little bit...just not a lot. These definitely look more blue than white to me. In a crowd of other cars on the road with yellow lights and HID's mixed, these definitely have that ricer blue hue. I want to change them , but can't find anything better yet. Even though these look rice, they are still better than the yellow...for the moment.

Mine are white light DRLs as in my picture post #1. No blue tint

Mike, From your discription before when you said it worked only on high beam it sounded like you were using the wrong light in the headlight housing.

okay im going to order from that link you posted for my halogen bulbs housing .... lets see if they work

okay im going to order from that link you posted for my halogen bulbs housing .... lets see if they work

Mike, Lupi's CX-5 has the tech package. The LED bulb he's using may not work on CX-5 without the tech package.

I thought all cx-5's were xenon. I have a sport manual and it even says xenon on the window sticker.

So is there a different drl bulb for xenon and non xenon models?

The only thing xenon is the low beams right?

I thought all cx-5's were xenon. I have a sport manual and it even says xenon on the window sticker.

only tech package provides xenon, and with that its one bulb for high/low beam, it moves the internal shutter, and the 'hi beam' housing is relegated to DRL duty only, unlike with standard (halogen) where projector is low beam, and large reflector is hi beam

strom, so the high beam/low beam is one bulb and DRL a different bulb correct? I rarely get to use the high beam function so I ddn't notice but if I were to get these DRL bulbs it would just replace the DRL correct? what about wattage? this doesn't mess with the car's battery in a negative way right? (obviously LED's usually have far less wattage than regular bulbs)

I do not know about the non tech package but the DRL bulb I replaced was a regular filiment bulb.

ok, there is a lot of confusion going on here...

NON-tech package 5's
have two halogen bulbs per side
one in the projector assembly for the low beam
one in the reflector assembly that functions as the high beam (at full power) and as DRL (reduced power)

tech package equipped
has one xenon bulb in the projector assembly that functions as the low and high beam (moving internal shutter)
specialized regular bulb in the reflector assembly that functions as the DRL

Back