Bosch universal downstream o2 sensor help

Atmosfear

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I bought a universal downstream sensor with only one wire on it. How do i wire this up to get rid of the cel so i can get smog? Currently it gives the p0138 and p0038 codes, p0038 is for the heater on the o2 sensor but when i have the 2 black heater wires and the 2 other wires connected to the sensor it blows the 10a engine fuse. Any help on this?

They sold you the wrong one, I am going thru the same problem with emissions. Went to AutoZone and the clerk sold me the universal one but when I got home it turned out the be a OEM in the box for a different car, the one you need should have 4 wires on it. If your not careful you could short out the ECU, total cost for replacing my o2 was $63. They tried to sell me the OEM plug an play one for $130, why do that when both only carry a 1yr warranty.

Last edited:
Because some people don't like doing s*** like that. OR don't know how like the OP who doesn't know that they sold him the wrong one and is trying to figure out how to wire in a single wire sensor to a 4 sensor harness to get rid of the MIL...

Back