cheapest option for better headlights (w/o looking crappy)

andrew92

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
So I've been reading these forums for 2+ years but I am pretty new with actually posting threads...

The problem is that my headlights are horrible, idk if its just my eye sight or what?!

I have a 03.5 "sunlight" silver msp, and a couple months ago, my brother was driving it and hit a deer. I ended up getting a brand new set of headlights and it seems as if the bulbs weren't evenly centered (by the body shop).

Since i'm currently a full time student, i'm pretty low on funds and i was wondering what the cheapest option for better headlights/bulbs would be...

I also don't want those cheesy, ricer looking HIDs either; I'd rather stick to what I have.

So, is there possibly a way i can get a cost efficient option, that does not look overly bad?

Or is the (slightly) uneven bulbs making that much of a difference...

pull your car up to a garage door or the side of a building and aim your headlights until they are even and where they should be. It may make a difference but if you want a noticeable difference your best bet is an HID set (which I know you said you hate) but you can get a white color to the bulb and stay away from that "ricey" look you're talking about. My father is 63 and he drives a 2008 impala and he put HID slim ballasts in his car because he notices a difference with the bright white bulbs

just because they are brand new doesn't mean they are high quality. most likely, just the opposite.

best option: HID projector retrofit.

ANSWER: sell me your MSP, you live within 5 miles of me and i've seen you drive it before.

really tho, shoot me a PM i've had this car for 3+ years and i'm picking up a second MSP on monday. could prob help ya out with a bunch.

I paid $40 for a set of Silverstar lights because I also dislike the look of ebay plug and play HIDs in factory light housings. They are definitely brighter than the stock bulbs but i've never had a set last much longer than a year.

Back