Continental DWS's

Some comments, do take with a grain of salt.

I'm not sure the Mz5 is the right car to be fitted with UHP-AS tires or any type of UHP tire. These are more suited for true sports cars. The Mz5 is a family or cargo hauler. IMHO, something in the range of HP-AS to GT-AS is best suited, I would lean towards a GT tire. I am in no means knocking Conti DWS b/c I had them and they are great and should be the standard. I'm using Kumho Ecsta 4X (the new and cheaper alternative to DWS). I just think you'll get more out of a comfort and long lasting tire on this car than an all-out tire that you may not get to make use of. Also, do you need snows being in MD? Then again, I don’t know how or where you drive, so…

I'm not familiar with this 'back end' coupon and it sounds like a good catch. Not sure when it expires but if possible I recommend also waiting for black Friday as the retailer (not the manufacturer) will also have a quick sale.

Last year when I bought the Kumhos with $50 rebate + DTD $50 instant savings. If Conti had a promo, I would have gone with DWS as well. Next set, I will take my own advice and stick with GT-AS :p
Discount Tire Direct
Black Friday Weekend!
$50 Instant Savings!

As a special incentive to our online buyers, we are offering instant savings for a limited time.

$50 instantly off 4 tires or 4 wheels.
$25 instantly off 2 tires or 2 wheels.
$100 instantly off 4 tire/wheel package.

This savings will be reflected automatically in your shopping cart. You must complete your order online. This offer can be combined with any current promotions and will expire Monday, November 28th, 2011.

Please see this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...tinental-Tires-Discount&p=6027061#post6027061

I hope this info is useful to fellow 5'ers, and wondering if anyone can help me out with the back end coupon. DWS's are THE tire, but are expensive and I'm hoping soemone can share their back end spiff, and I WILL do the same once I get mine.

Thx,
Dave

This one came to a head REAL fast - shortly after writing this, I went outside at work to look at my tires to see how much longer they might make it (til winter?)...on both of the right side tires of the car, I could see cords on the inside edge and on one, had 6"or so of tread separation. This from premature treadwear pre-allignment - obviously the damage had already been done by the factory (mis) allignment. AMAZING the oil change/rotation shop did not notice this 2,00 mile earlier when they had the tires off to rotate... Further proof you NEED to be aware and responsible for your own stuff.
Three days later driving on pins and needles and always with 2 hands, my new DWS's from tirebuyer.com arrived and were installed. Really quiet, really sticky, really solid. All the middle row vibrations are gone. All of the funny 'drivetrain' noises are gone...no bad bearings or bad suspension...must have been separated belts or ? No percievable loss of traction in the wet. I look forward to taking/testing the wet corners that I used to slide on. A real confidence inspiring tire. A little soft at initial turn in, but I can live with that. Obviously this is very early, but my initial feeling is: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Conti DWS. If you're in the market...get em!
AND, here's the answer, the back end coupon is just another code for another $80 rebate for the next set of tires...same can be gotten from Marlon.

The Conti's are superior to the Kumho's in performance, especially in the wet. I have run Kumho's, Yokohamas, Toyo's and Hankooks just to name a few. The Conti's have out performed all in the rain, everyone that has purchased Conti's has given them rave reviews. The Continue promotion does not expire and can be used with any and all promotions.

The Conti's are superior to the Kumho's in performance, especially in the wet. I have run Kumho's, Yokohamas, Toyo's and Hankooks just to name a few. The Conti's have out performed all in the rain, everyone that has purchased Conti's has given them rave reviews. The Continue promotion does not expire and can be used with any and all promotions.

Agreed. I'm running DWS on my 5 now. I've used three different models of Kumho tires on my previous two 5's and our old 3 also. They started out OK but the noise increased exponentially with age and handling dropped off rapidly. They suck.

Don't let anyone suggest the 5 doesn't deserve a UHP tire. It takes it and responds to them well.

Latest posts

Back