Jump start car with problems

Soupman_1

:
Cx-5
Cx5 touring

I went on vacation for a week and my cx5 sat at the airport. After arriving back from vacation the battery was dead... Yes dead, I've only had the car 3 months... And nothing was left on. All lights turn off after you lock the doors. I had the car jump started... Then everything went crazy.

The dash and stereo lights flickered... Rear view camera didnt work.
My dash board had the check engine light, traction control and tire inflation light on.
As I pulled out of the airport parking lot , I noticed the car wouldn't switch gears and stuck in first.
The manual shift wouldn't work either. So I had to drive home only at 40mph no more than 4000 rpm

I had the dealership looked at it the next day and said the car was fine.
The serviceman mentioned its possible the cars CPU drained the battery with all it's check up and such.... Sounds like bs to me..... The dealership cleared the errors and the car should run fine

But be warned.... If u don't plan to drive your car for awhile.... You might come back to a dead car

Cx5 touring

I went on vacation for a week and my cx5 sat at the airport. After arriving back from vacation the battery was dead... Yes dead, I've only had the car 3 months... And nothing was left on. All lights turn off after you lock the doors. I had the car jump started... Then everything went crazy.

Did you have anything plugged into the power outlet under the arm rest or in the trunk? I heard those are on even if the car is turned off

Its kind of normal for your electrics to not be working for the first minutes or so, but for them to go up a wall like yours did is a little worrying.

The next day when you brought it to the dealer, were the electrics fine, or did you also have to drive in 1st again?

Its kind of normal for your electrics to not be working for the first minutes or so, but for them to go up a wall like yours did is a little worrying.

The next day when you brought it to the dealer, were the electrics fine, or did you also have to drive in 1st again?

I didn't drive it the next day. I had it towed to the dealership. The dealership said the car was fine and only showed low voltage in a engine light error .
I think they really didn't know what was wrong with it, but I wasnt risking driving 30miles in first gear again .

I know it doesn't help the OP, but I got back to my CX-5 yesterday after leaving it parked at the airport for over two weeks and didn't have any issues (keyless entry worked, started first time etc).

Maybe there is an issue which is draining the battery - perhaps try leaving for a few days if you can and check the battery voltage every day to see if it is dropping.

Back