Turn signal mirrors

Donewood

:
2007 Mazda5 GT 5MT
They come unpainted but have six bright amber LEDs each. One of which shines rearward.

Attachments

• IMG_7786.jpg
    IMG_7786.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_7785.jpg
    IMG_7785.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 366
They look nice but...isn't that what those little lamps on the fenders are for? Way to overkill for me. That's a total of 4 lamps signaling at the same time. To each it's own though.

Yeah, that's what side markers are for- and those mirrors don't look like the OEM shape? I'd rather convert all the turn/marker lights over to LEDs (that are actually brighter, not just more intense than stock) and have the side marker be brighter than before.

Fender lights are sooo 90s. Then again, signal covers are also sooo Y2K. Integrated LED in glass or bust! #sarcasm

I recently saw a Lexus (I think, or perhaps a Caddy) and notice for the first time it had floor lights coming out under the side view mirrors. I think this would be nice to have in dark spots or if you drop something near the door. One of the Mz3 forums have a simple DIY where it just drilled a few holes and inserted LEDs. Something to consider along with defrost mirrors.

Last edited:
Fender lights are sooo 90s.

Side markers aren't that obsolete(wink)...There are high end car makes/models still utilizing side markers; ie BMW, Infiniti, Porsche, GT-R, R8, etc..granted they may have LED bulbs, but side/fender markers nonetheless..That said, I think side markers would suffice for the USDM Mz5's. But to combine them with LED mirrors aren't too bad either. It's a pretty good added feature for both safety and aesthetics.

Thanks I think all the negative comments come from those who never use turn signals, or they only drive on those mythical empty roads we see in car commercials!

Side markers aren't that obsolete(wink)...There are high end car makes/models still utilizing side markers; ie BMW, Infiniti, Porsche, GT-R, R8, etc..granted they may have LED bulbs, but side/fender markers nonetheless..That said, I think side markers would suffice for the USDM Mz5's. But to combine them with LED mirrors aren't too bad either. It's a pretty good added feature for both safety and aesthetics.
My #sarcasm comment is more about keeping up with the Joneses. When fender lights first pooped up, everyone (figuratively) was drilling their fenders and adding side markers. Then came the trend of markers on the side view mirror and people started looking into aftermarket to follow that. The latest is turn signal indications build in the glass. I don’t think this one is as easy to follow but I’m sure people will if it is available. Oh, and now there's the flood lighting.

@ OP - I don’t think anyone is knocking you for adding them. We mostly support do what you feel! Personally, signals on the sider view mirror is the best location but it is overkill when you already have fender lights. I don’t think you’ll find any manufacturer offering both fender and side view mirror lights. If you are truly concerned with safety, by all means, you can also add a third light on the rear quarter panel. Nothing wrong with that if safety is truly a concern.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what side markers are for- and those mirrors don't look like the OEM shape? I'd rather convert all the turn/marker lights over to LEDs (that are actually brighter, not just more intense than stock) and have the side marker be brighter than before.
Then are OEM, and come in a Mazda Parts box they are an identical shape and fit to the original Mirror covers. The only differance is the cutout for the Lens which protrudes to increses their effectivness. The Mirrors are not repalaced just the body colored matching covers.

Then are OEM, and come in a Mazda Parts box they are an identical shape and fit to the original Mirror covers. The only differance is the cutout for the Lens which protrudes to increses their effectivness. The Mirrors are not repalaced just the body colored matching covers.

Please post the part numbers.

Oh cool!

ブレイク;6055973 said:
Please post the part numbers.

Yes, please!

Back