In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338

Thread: Turn signal mirrors

Registered Member

2007 Mazda5 GT 5MT

Turn signal mirrors

They come unpainted but have six bright amber LEDs each. One of which shines rearward.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zoom•Zoom

They look nice but...isn't that what those little lamps on the fenders are for? Way to overkill for me. That's a total of 4 lamps signaling at the same time. To each it's own though.
    2012 LIQUID SILVER MAZDA5 GRAND TOURING **SOLD**
    2015 SOUL RED MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING**SOLD**

2009 Mazda5 Sport

Yeah, that's what side markers are for- and those mirrors don't look like the OEM shape? I'd rather convert all the turn/marker lights over to LEDs (that are actually brighter, not just more intense than stock) and have the side marker be brighter than before.

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

Fender lights are sooo 90s. Then again, signal covers are also sooo Y2K. Integrated LED in glass or bust! #sarcasm

I recently saw a Lexus (I think, or perhaps a Caddy) and notice for the first time it had floor lights coming out under the side view mirrors. I think this would be nice to have in dark spots or if you drop something near the door. One of the Mz3 forums have a simple DIY where it just drilled a few holes and inserted LEDs. Something to consider along with defrost mirrors.
    Last edited by Silentnoise713; 09-17-2012 at 02:49 AM.
    Stuff for sale:
    YellowSpeed DPS Coilovers - cheap

^http://www.wingood.com/flagselect.asp

My Thread
    ^http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...oise713-Thread

Registered Member

2007 Mazda 5 Touring

Looks cool, but for our '07 model the side marker lamps is enough.

'07 Mazda5 GT

[QUOTE=Silentnoise713;6035012]Fender lights are sooo 90s.

Side markers aren't that obsolete...There are high end car makes/models still utilizing side markers; ie BMW, Infiniti, Porsche, GT-R, R8, etc..granted they may have LED bulbs, but side/fender markers nonetheless..That said, I think side markers would suffice for the USDM Mz5's. But to combine them with LED mirrors aren't too bad either. It's a pretty good added feature for both safety and aesthetics.

Registered Member

2007 Mazda5 GT 5MT

Thanks I think all the negative comments come from those who never use turn signals, or they only drive on those mythical empty roads we see in car commercials!

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

Quote Originally Posted by j3nsmz5 View Post
    Side markers aren't that obsolete...There are high end car makes/models still utilizing side markers; ie BMW, Infiniti, Porsche, GT-R, R8, etc..granted they may have LED bulbs, but side/fender markers nonetheless..That said, I think side markers would suffice for the USDM Mz5's. But to combine them with LED mirrors aren't too bad either. It's a pretty good added feature for both safety and aesthetics.
    My #sarcasm comment is more about keeping up with the Joneses. When fender lights first pooped up, everyone (figuratively) was drilling their fenders and adding side markers. Then came the trend of markers on the side view mirror and people started looking into aftermarket to follow that. The latest is turn signal indications build in the glass. I don’t think this one is as easy to follow but I’m sure people will if it is available. Oh, and now there's the flood lighting.

@ OP - I don’t think anyone is knocking you for adding them. We mostly support do what you feel! Personally, signals on the sider view mirror is the best location but it is overkill when you already have fender lights. I don’t think you’ll find any manufacturer offering both fender and side view mirror lights. If you are truly concerned with safety, by all means, you can also add a third light on the rear quarter panel. Nothing wrong with that if safety is truly a concern.
    Last edited by Silentnoise713; 09-20-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2010 Mazda 5

I think they look nice. I would love a set for my 2010 as the side markers were deleted for that year.
    2018 CX-9 Grand Touring
    2010 Mazda5 Sport Manual
    2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD
    2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4WD 7.3 PSD
    1991 Miata

my car makes me obnoxious chief_wiggum's Avatar

2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by pkthomas View Post
    I think they look nice. I would love a set for my 2010 as the side markers were deleted for that year.
    agreed; never understood why they deleted them for the 2010....
    2008.5 MS3 GT MGM - prone to acts of jackassery
    2010 MZ5 GT GGM
    1991 MX-5 SE BRG - new (to me) toy

Registered Member

2007 Mazda5 GT 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by phunky.buddha View Post
    Yeah, that's what side markers are for- and those mirrors don't look like the OEM shape? I'd rather convert all the turn/marker lights over to LEDs (that are actually brighter, not just more intense than stock) and have the side marker be brighter than before.
    Then are OEM, and come in a Mazda Parts box they are an identical shape and fit to the original Mirror covers. The only differance is the cutout for the Lens which protrudes to increses their effectivness. The Mirrors are not repalaced just the body colored matching covers.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda 5

Quote Originally Posted by Donewood View Post
    Then are OEM, and come in a Mazda Parts box they are an identical shape and fit to the original Mirror covers. The only differance is the cutout for the Lens which protrudes to increses their effectivness. The Mirrors are not repalaced just the body colored matching covers.
    Please post the part numbers.

2009 Mazda5 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Donewood View Post
    Oh cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ブレイク View Post
    Please post the part numbers.
    Yes, please!