A lot of warranty work

FlyPanAm

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Hey folks,

My car has been at the dealer for about 2 weeks now, and wanted to get some feedback from other owners. I brought it in for a 60K mile service and had a few nagging issues I wanted taken care of before the warranty runs out in March.

Here are the symptoms I gave them:

CEL - codes were for the EGR and "Insufficient coolant temp for stable operation".

Rattle in rear suspension

Noise coming from center air vents when A/C was on (sounded like a leaf stuck in a fan)

After a few days, they called me with a plan of action. Replace EGR valve, replace thermostat, replace A/C compressor. They haven't diagnosed the rear suspension yet.

I know the EGR is common, but has anyone else had issues with the other items listed here? I'm thankful the warranty is covering this, but it seems like a lot for a car that is less than 6 years old with less than 60K on the clock. I haven't had any other major issues with it though, so maybe I'm over reacting.

I've also had a 2012 Mazda3 as a loaner which as been convenient, but reminds me how awful it is to own a boring car. It's good as far a eco cars go but I've vowed to never own a boring car again.

I had a thermostat problem early on. It would remain partially open, and my temps would rise. I had to replace the thermostat; no issues since then. Apparently the stuck thermostat is a known issue.

That's good to know thanks.

Just want my car back now, they've been waiting for the A/C compressor.

Valuable thoughts and advices. I read your topic with great interest.
smile.jpg

smile.jpg

I had the EGR problem and the rattle in the rear before. Usually the rattle from the rear is caused by the end links. I brought that in one time and they replaced the end links. But your other problems I've never had and my car is at 83k. Hope you get your car back soon!

My A/C compressor went bye-bye 2 1/2 years ago. Besides the wiper-motor recall and the TSB on the audio system, it's been pretty solid.

what all are you having them do for the 60k? just curious as to how much you end up spending for the service bc I gotta get it done myself in a few hundred miles.

Thanks for the interest.

They did what was in the manual basically. They quoted me $550, but that included an oil change, tire rotation, and air filter change which I didn't need. So I talked them down to $450.

Latest posts

Back